• Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks ok pete I'm sure you can work your magic. the 91 was like that lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

It is solid looking Pete, slick top and all. Your should definitely keep it.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I dunno... I might have a buyer for the motor and trans already, that will get me my purchase price back alone!

I'll have to see if I can make it run better and see what else it needs...
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
          I forgot to mention the "greasable" solid upper control arm bushings dont have any grease fittings... just plugs where the fittings should be... I hope they aren't wiped out.
          They usually are. Look at it this way - if you're parting it out, then it's no big deal. If you're keeping it, it's just a good excuse to upgrade to big brakes.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

no upgrades for this thing!

I sent Tiggie and the local guy Steve messages offerening it to them for 500 bux if they wanna come tow it away - offer is good for anyone else too in the area...
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpaslincoln View Post
              You guys.....you all have......BOX MADNESS!!!!!!!
              I've reported this same madness to my local police department....the next thing you know, these guys are going to be just like CVN members, walking around with arms outstretched, muttering "brains! brains!"....and killing those who get too close.

Comment

A P72 good score Pete.

Comment

i'd fix it up if the frame and body are good

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

if you part it out keep the header panel for your '91

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                      What kind of radiator do you have? My uncle still swears by those HO powered cruisers. He was kinda stoked when he saw my mom's CV.

Packman
                      the what what and the who now?

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                        the what what and the who now?
                        +1 THe only "HO" put in Box cruisers was the 180hp 351 option ....
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Radiator looks like a 2 core... i forgot to pop the cap and have a lookey yesterday.

Well, I checked out the front end/steering, and its about as tight as a frog's ass. Just a cunt hair of play in a tie rod and one upper balljoint, which I think a few shots of grease took care of.
                          I couldn't get ANY noticeable movement out of the solid upper arm bushings - I pushed and pulled on the wheels and arm every which way i could, both with the corner supported by the frame and the lower control arm.
                          Its got new front pads on it, rotors look ok, the hoses are decent with just a little dry cracking.
                          In the rear brakes i found new shoes and new spring kits... one adjuster cable is broken, but we've got a bucket full of new/used brake hardware at work with a bunch of new cables in it...
                          I haven't gotten a good look at the frame/underside yet, but nothing jumped out at me while poking around underneath so far...

So.... looks like she will be with me for a while... at least until I try to fix the light-throttle stalling.
                          If i can do that, Im going to fix the brake line, put some temporary tags on it, and see how it runs down the road.

Dammit!!!
                          more money that shouldn't be spent... at least i can fool myself into thinking its an investment... maybe somebody will give me a grand for it down the road once i get it all fixed/cleaned up... yeah, "good luck" right?
                          If this thing turns up nice enough to keep I might try to sell the 91 instead.... but I hate to get rid of a fresh AOD and a 60K fresh motor...

It IS a disease!!!!!!!!!!!

I dunno, I kinda feel like this was destiny... just like when I got the 91 and the BII...
                          I remember when i fist worked on the car a couple times at the old shop and thinking "man, wouldn't it be nice if this were to be mine one day"...
                          This was about 5 years ago... then about 3 years ago the owner's business moved right across the street from my old shop where I could see it everyday... then it got parked for a year... then the business shut down... and now it is mine.

sigpic

Comment

Looks like a good car, Pete. Those seats are damn nice too; had them in the '88.
                            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Oh.... shit.....
                              It may be on like donkey kong. All sale offers momentarily suspended!!!!

I've just done some poking around under the hood, and noticed that the MAP sensor's vacuum hose is indeed collapsing shut, and the slightest wiggle makes the engine want to stall out.

The bugger is, both bad hoses are taffy all the way to the nipples deep under the upper intake, held on with rusty spring clamps
                              So Im about to go get some vacuum line and snatch the intake off later this afternoon!
                              I'm kicking myself in the ass right now, because i distinctly remember having a long piece of good red-stripe factory vacuum hose at some time, and its nowhere to be found now... i probably tossed it :nonono:
                              Might as well give it the PCV trio too. Valve cover gaskets aren't leaking too bad...
                              I'll be picking up a line and some unions, and renting the flare tool too... :heyhey:
                              sigpic

Comment

*sigh* pete, you have it bad, man... the box bug has bitten you real bad... lol keep it... hell i can't afford the car right now anyway. tryin to get an apartment and finally get out of the parents house. so that's taking up most of my time, saving money... plus i just got Rosie not too long ago and we are still sorting out her little quirks. and i'm on vacation from work this week so if you want a hand with any of it, i'm pretty much free this week.
                                88 CVPI - 5.0, lsc headers, punched cats, Cherry Bomb glasspacks, transgo shift kit, 3rd gen police console, 3rd gen push bar, KC Daylighters, wagon rear springs, soon to be 3.55 posi rear, all police antennas and spotlight, 216k on orignal motor, trans, and rear.
                                90 Festiva - 1.6 dohc turbo pushing 15 psi, full coil overs, 6 puck clutch. Daily whip that shits and gets. 30 mpg!

Comment

Working...
                                X