Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
    You must not have looked at the close-ups... lol
    Bah. That car is a beaut! Seriously.. If a clay bar doesn't cut it id even wet sand it., hell wet sand over the entire car then buff it out.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      If a clay bar doesn't cut it id even wet sand it., hell wet sand over the entire car then buff it out.
      Be sure not to sand through the paint (clear if its bc/cc), or the paint itself if its single stage.

Clay bar is overrated in my opinion. Can't beat a buffer for polishing/ removing contaminants.
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

well... I was about to turn this into an "Im keeping it" readers rides thread, but...

some new problems have popped up.

The first thing I found today is no big deal, another cheap-part I-can-do-the-labor deal... since I have been driving it the left axle seal has gone, and while checking it out noticed a LOT of slop in the axle bearing...

Then I took it for a drive on the highway... no overdrive. It feels like it goes into overdrive but just revs up like its in neutral if you try to acellerate in OD.

So... this thing may get parted out or sold after all....

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

hmm i call seats and accompanying seat belt buckles (actual seat belt that bolts to the transmission hump) with the sleeves for the belt. But dont part it lol
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post

Car looks great!
            Lollers, Pete is bringing sexy back....

Comment

thats not me... honest

well, if the AOD will keep truckin' with no OD... I may throw a little more fixey money at it...
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Turn up the TV pressure mang... way up... worked on my wagon. I've put 15K miles on it like that and even did a full fluid change! Now it works flawlessly! Except it lost first gear for a week last winter (but it came back).

I need to get on here more so I can keep up with Petemang and his growing collection of Panther pals.
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Dibs on c pillar panels if they're dark blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post

I need to get on here more so I can keep up with Petemang and his growing collection of Panther pals.

He sure does have a nice collection!
                    ~David~

Comment

An update... I finally got this thing down to the shop on a day off... sure enough that axle is wiped out. It seems like there is already an axle saver in there, becuase i can see stress marks next to the scored area. Also I found it has an open 3.08...
                      So... I slapped it back together and made a trip to the junkyard... after opening up two rear ends, I scored a like-new axle shaft from a 3.08L in a low mileage 90-91 GMQ. This GMQ also gave me a dark blue drivers arm rest and door pull I need for this thing too And I also pulled some CVPI style center caps and lug nuts for it. Now all three will have black steelies with rings and caps

A civilian axle shaft will work in a police box right???
                      sigpic

Comment

It should. Would the flanges be any different with the bigger cop drums??
                        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

PI/civilian is all the same, but I thought '90-'91 had longer axle shafts...someone correct me if I'm wrong.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MI View Post
                            PI/civilian is all the same, but I thought '90-'91 had longer axle shafts...someone correct me if I'm wrong.
                            You are correct.

The '90-'91 axle shaft is a little long. I learned this last year, when Scott rebuilt mine. I brought extra axles from an '88 P72, and they were too short. My axles were fine anyway, though.
                            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                              An update... I finally got this thing down to the shop on a day off... sure enough that axle is wiped out. It seems like there is already an axle saver in there, becuase i can see stress marks next to the scored area. Also I found it has an open 3.08...
                              So... I slapped it back together and made a trip to the junkyard... after opening up two rear ends, I scored a like-new axle shaft from a 3.08L in a low mileage 90-91 GMQ. This GMQ also gave me a dark blue drivers arm rest and door pull I need for this thing too And I also pulled some CVPI style center caps and lug nuts for it. Now all three will have black steelies with rings and caps

A civilian axle shaft will work in a police box right???

That's funny, I have a set of dark blue door pulls from the MGM I just got rid of. The one on my drivers door was ratty looking so I switched it, it looks funky against the brown interior

Take that 3.08 open rear and throw it in the nearest harbor!
                              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Well i got a surprise day off work today... I went strait to the pick n save and got two beautiful axles of the right length (one spare for the 85) just in time to beat the cold rain. I'd be fixing her up right now, but a co-worker tells me that the auxiliary bay is currently in use for a timing belt / water pump job.... he'd better not be bullshitting me!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X