No announcement yet.

"Vicky"-1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got back from Boys State, so nothing has been done on the car. But while I was gone my lightning EGR spacer showed up. Paid a whopping 40 bucks shipped (thank you NLOC). I'm supposed to trade Scott for one that is punched to 70mm, so I am going to get in touch with him about that.

351 here I come!
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Well I've pretty much abandoned the idea of an LX interior, because the one I have is really nice, and finding one that is up to my standards are slim to none. So I got creative and found a power window switch thing that utilizes the door cranks as the lever. So it would appear like there was no modification done at all! The downside is it costs 400 dollars for all 4 doors (plus motors) but It would be awesome in the end.

Then I would get a couple switches from autoloc (the same place that supplies the window switches) and put them on the plastic part behind the interior door panel and use them as door lock switches.

Also my wheels are supposed to get here this week
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Tomorrows the day!!!!!!!!

Comment

Holy shit!!!!!!!!!

Everything is getting put on tonight

Comment

Did you get new lug nuts and a couple sets of locking lugs?
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              Did you get new lug nuts and a couple sets of locking lugs?
              funny story on that one. We had gotten a set of lugs with the wheel. I go to thread them on, and I finally realized that they were the wrong size. They sent me 12mm lugs for a FORD car So I had to go to 3 different parts stores in town before they closed to find a set of lugs and locks.

Anyway, pictures of the massive revamp:
              This is with the front end all torn off

We pulled the rears first because we were going to pull the brake drums, sandblast them and put them back on so they wouldn't look like ass, but instead we just painted them attatched.

The wheels mocked up on the car:

The front end FINISHED!

The wheels FINISHED!

Close up of the wheels

I am going to wash this thing tomorrow and take a crapton of beauty shots. My Grandpa is going to flip a shit.

Comment

Looks awesome Andrew! congrats! was 524S grandpas plate? I had 600Y for a long time.....
                sigpic'86 GM LS sedan bone stock 113k triple dark sable, most of the bells and whistles, second owner. SOLD 9/10, will be looking for an 89 TC when the time is right

"In order to know virtue, we must first acquaint ourselves with vice" Marquis de Sade

Comment

Looking good.
                  "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                  1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by cadfan64 View Post
                    Looks awesome Andrew! congrats! was 524S grandpas plate? I had 600Y for a long time.....
                    Thanks!, and yes, my grandpa had 524s for the longest time apparently lol.

Comment

wow, the wheels totally changed the look of the car. they look perfect on there

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Washed it today. Took it to the nearby reservoir and took some pictures.

And my favorite:

Comment

I like it! Amazing what a set of wheels can do. Reminds me when I first installed the bullitts on my car. Stay away from curbs.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                            sigpic
                            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

very nice! love the wheels!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Thanks for the complements everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                X