Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol Thanks.....just think, save up enough money...your car could like mine

I still want your interior though lol
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Well, I got a crapton of parts today (interior)...more later.
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Ah what the heck I'll tell you guys, you get pics tomorrow though :evil:

The parts car I was using had the exact same interior that johnunit has (the one I have been looking for for almost a year).

I got a complete LX interior, minus the front seats, replacement panels for the damaged ones I have (drivers A pillar, both B pillar panels), All the corresponding switches and plates, a new dash panel that I can cut for the gauges, a tripminder and its harness, a complete front end (all I needed was the header panel) that I am shaving the hood ornament from. Trunk release mechanisms, and a new lock for the glove box.

Some of the stuff is getting resold, but most of it I am using

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post

I still want your interior though lol
        Now I have it
        Last edited by hemihotrod402; 09-18-2010, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Pics!!!!
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

As promised....pics

This is the current view from outside my garage:

And all of the stuff:

And the interior is really not that faded, It maybe just have been how the light is hitting it, the seats and door panels are almost PERFECT, they just need cleaned.

Comment

Great score. Everything looks immaculate.
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

If the guy I got the stuff off of wasn't so set on using it as a derby car, I wanted to buy the whole thing. We offered 500 on the spot, but he said no. So we just got to have at it on the interior.

It had 59,000 original miles on it, but it had been sitting for a really long time. It had all the sheetmetal I need on it (fenders, rear quarters) and had turbine wheels. But it had a bad tranmsission and wouldn't start. It had a full vinyl coach roof as well. If it was an option, it had it.

Comment

haha you weren't kidding about wanting my interior.

Looks like you got stuff in great condition. I know what you mean about that velour stuff looking super-faded from some angles.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                    Looks like you got stuff in great condition. I know what you mean about that velour stuff looking super-faded from some angles.
                    lol I kinda feel like a huge douche now. Jeff (4door) offered me his complete interior for free, and I could have had the front seats with it. He sent me pics and they looked exactly the same as those pics I just posted. I told him that it was too faded. Now it make me wonder what I just passed up lol.

Comment

Going to Scott's on Saturday, getting me front seats, door panels, trading EGR spacers, and anything else I may need. I wish we could take the car, but I'm not too keen on taking it 300 miles yet, let alone filling it with parts.

I can't wait!

Comment

Cool! Scott should have all of his visitors sign their name and where they are from. Would be something cool to look back upon later in life.
                        ~David~

Comment

Awesome with the POTM mang!!! I wish I could find pre-'88 boxes around here. My door panels have seen much better days.

Packman

Comment

You won POTM for the first time! Congrats!!!!
                            1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                            1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                            1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                            1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

congrats on potM!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Oh Snap!

Thanks for everyone that voted!

And thanks for the Congrats!

Picture is for archival purposes.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X