No announcement yet.

"Vicky"-1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice. I wish I found a nice fabric interior for my car.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

leaving all of the windows down today to get the smell of febreeze out of the car. I know its an odor eliminator, and I love the shit and that it does its job, they just need one that leaves no after scent that gives me a headache and that lasts 48+ hours.

And I also realized I probably made some of the go fast guys here mad, I am doing my hardest to eliminate the lack of options, and ADDING a lot of weight (wait until I get my stereo built) lol. With the heavier seats, and the power seat mechanisms, I added roughly 200 pounds in an hour.
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

I am in the same boat. I add all luxuries and then just add some more power to get the old girl back where she started. lol
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Hmmm you have an HO upper setup, just hang that and some dual exhaust for now!
          sigpic'86 GM LS sedan bone stock 113k triple dark sable, most of the bells and whistles, second owner. SOLD 9/10, will be looking for an 89 TC when the time is right

"In order to know virtue, we must first acquaint ourselves with vice" Marquis de Sade

Comment

Originally posted by cadfan64 View Post
            Hmmm you have an HO upper setup, just hang that and some dual exhaust for now!
            ...I might have to do that now. lol

I can see it in the future. "Dad, I just built a sub box and added 300 pounds of sound deadening, can I get a 351?"
            Last edited by hemihotrod402; 10-17-2010, 07:36 PM.
            Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
            New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Looking good.

You have manual windows and cruise control? funky. Then again I have climate control and no passenger-side mirror, so I'm not one to talk.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

looking good!
                did you get 5 pounds of kitty hair out of each seat lol

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                  Looking good.

You have manual windows and cruise control? funky. Then again I have climate control and no passenger-side mirror, so I'm not one to talk.
                  Yeah, but I won't have manual windows for long :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
                    Yeah, but I won't have manual windows for long :evil:
                    Interesting, so you're installing power windows! You installing power locks and mirrors too? If you need help with any of that I can give you scan some evtm pages, and give you a link to a site with some wiring diagrams for you.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                      Interesting, so you're installing power windows! You installing power locks and mirrors too? If you need help with any of that I can give you scan some evtm pages, and give you a link to a site with some wiring diagrams for you.
                      The mirrors are staying manual. The windows and locks however aren't. And I will probably need help somewhere along the line lol. I have an EVTM, but I'm using aftermarket kits (autoloc to be exact)

Comment

if you want to add remote locks you could always wire in something like this kit:

and then run the antenna wire up and under the dash pad.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Interior Pics

The car is airing out all day today, as the weather is PERFECT outside, so I got some good interior shots.

And the best part is, I nabbed the rear seat belts out of the parts car as well. The plastic that holds the retractable belts is STILL INTACT!

I'm starting to sell some stuff, get some extra cash to start prepping the car for winter. I'm going to sandblast the steel wheels, pint them with some semi-gloss rust tough paint, and run explorer center caps.

Comment

Interior looks really nice.
                            ~David~

Comment

So what are 4 nice navy blue complete power door panels worth to yah?? :heyhey:
                              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                              sigpic
                              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                                So what are 4 nice navy blue complete power door panels worth to yah?? :heyhey:
                                I already have 2 sets

Although.....maybe....what do they look like? Any fading or burn marks?

Comment

Working...
                                X