No announcement yet.

ClifFORD - the big red truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random late update: Oil and gas gauges still wonky - I have an aftermarket oil gauge to put in... sometime. And i just put some gas in when the gauge needle leaves the full position and starts to pan back and forth, lol...
    While putting in a new rag joint I bumped the PS reservoir bad enough to spin it around the pump a little and make it leak. 3 bottles of power steering fluid later, partly out of frustration, I twisted it back the other way with an angry grunt and reduced it to mild seepage
    I never mentioned checking the compression while trying to fix the rough idle, #1 has about 50%. It smooths out once you get going so it doesn't bother me too much.

I just brought home goodies with it a few weeks ago!
    Attached Files
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Maybe #1's valves are a bit sticky? I was watching this red neck restoration video from ElderlyIron about some 389 engine that had low compression. He ended up beating on the valve springs and it improved compression in the affected cylinders. If that helps maybe one could try the ole water mist down the intake to clean up the rest of the gunky bits??
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I approve of this OBS truck. Love the bricknoses!
        Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
        Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ashley and I miss our 1990!

Comment

Here's the entire playlist of his videos regarding the 389's resurrection..
            https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...0UHqT9RX1dW3_r

The specific video is this one: (He starts getting into the valves around the 11:30 mark, measures compression before then I think IIRC)

Comment

I love elderly iron, I think his old Detroit diesel which takes about 5 minuets for all the cylinders to light off is my favorite.
              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Yeah, Ash and I too! He's a riot. Knows his stuff and is fun to watch. We just found him so we're still sifting through all of his videos.

Comment

Working...
                X