My Craigslist 1987 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Craigslist 1987 Grand Marquis

Found this one on Craigslist for $2,499. This is my third Grand Marquis, my past ones being an '85, '86 and now my 87.

Everything stock, well kept "old lady car". Died and was sold in estate sale. Guy bought it and sold it to me a year later. 58,810 miles when I bought it a month ago. Enjoy!
    Attached Files

Welcome and nice buy. Looks immaculate.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

wow... just wow.

nice car.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

very pretty. Love the colour combo. Welcome to the site. Where you from?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

very nice specimen there!

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Looks like New York plates ?

Looks like a time machine. Nice find.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              Welcome and nice buy. Looks immaculate.
              What he said ^^^^

That interior looks almost white, but I assume it's actually beige?
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Very nice car! Enjoy it!
                2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                Past Panthers
                1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

What a creampuff! Normally I would look at a car like that and begin thinking about where to start the modifications, but that one is nice enough to leave alone. Just keep it clean. Very nice!

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                    very pretty. Love the colour combo. Welcome to the site. Where you from?
                    Thank you everyone, I am from Michigan, so pretty much all older cars are shittyy and rusted. But this one was one of the exceptions.

I always said once I find once with a good body, I want to paint it black, but the color has started to grow on me. There are a few rust spots, but they are so small, you can't even see them from away. Probably get those taken care of and just keep her clean. I want to take her around the country net summer once I save up a "just in case" repair fund.
                    Last edited by rsolis; 10-05-2011, 09:39 AM.

Comment

That's especially impressive for Michigan! Since we don't have inspections, we have a state sponsored campaign to deliberately rust old cars to death instead. I couldn't even start my car one day last winter because a big chunk of salty ice was jamming the TV linkage!
                      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

+1 Where was that car when I was looking...

Nice find, even more so for a MI car.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                          That's especially impressive for Michigan! Since we don't have inspections, we have a state sponsored campaign to deliberately rust old cars to death instead. I couldn't even start my car one day last winter because a big chunk of salty ice was jamming the TV linkage!
                          Yeah man Michigan is a bad state to owns cars in. Because of the shitty ass road (especially Metro Detroit Area) and the salt and snow.

Comment

I hate you so much right now.

Nice find.
                            1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

very nice!
                              welcome to gmn!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                              X