Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, that's not normal Box Panther behavior, none of my cars have ever did that while on a lift.

Starting to finally take that frame rot seriously I see...

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
      I gotta figure out what that buzzing sound from underneath the hood is. Sounds like a dentist drill... maybe it's the smog pump?
      Any clues, folks? The frame rot has been covered - and will be addressed, should I commit to keeping the car longer than 6 months. But there's other little bugs that need to be sorted out at this moment.
      1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Finally, more daytime filming! \o/

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
          Any clues, folks? The frame rot has been covered - and will be addressed, should I commit to keeping the car longer than 6 months. But there's other little bugs that need to be sorted out at this moment.
          That buzzing is your CFI injectors, and that's normal. Staying commited to the car is up to you. If you're going to put money into it and fix it, do it. There is no middle point. Either fix it or scrap it.

Comment

yeah that door closing issue is absolutely the frame rot.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

there is a middle point...sell me parts! lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                my Mark doesn't do that... and it's a 2-door.

my 4-doors definitely don't do that.
                Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
                Yea, that's not normal Box Panther behavior, none of my cars have ever did that while on a lift.

How very weird.

I guess according to you guys, all of my vehicles should be stripped and crushed!
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Also, you have to take into account that the body mounts on that 83 are probably fucked hardcore.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                    Also, you have to take into account that the body mounts on that 83 are probably fucked hardcore.
                    Also perfectly normal.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                      Also perfectly normal.
                      However, so are mine, but my doors don't rub :p

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                        That buzzing is your CFI injectors, and that's normal. Staying commited to the car is up to you. If you're going to put money into it and fix it, do it. There is no middle point. Either fix it or scrap it.
                        Well, the car isn't going to get scrapped, that's for sure - unless I parted out EVERYTHING and got a damn good deal on the rest of the car. But I consider repairing the frame to be the "point of no return". Where I go from sinking 5's and 10's into bullshit repair to dropping 100's on major work. In the meantime, I'll be paying off my credit cards and squirreling away money for the said frame repair. Come warm weather, if I decide to keep the car then that's when the 'ultimate commitment' will be made. I'd rather hold off on high dollar repairs until I know for sure I'll be driving the car for a loooooooong time... Does that make sense?

And yes, I also would want the body mounts and bushings replaced then. Along with many other videos.

<.< Kind of surprised nobody from here's clicked on my 'subscribe' button. >.> *ahem*

I just bought two different exhaust gaskets at my work today. I was going to buy two of the same, but the computer lied by showing 2 in stock where there was only one. So I just kind of took the one matching gasket and rummaged through the gasket boxes until I found something that was 95% of what I needed; maybe 1/16th of an inch larger opening. Hoping it doesn't play a huge role in sealing the exhaust.

I've got a HUGE trip with an AMAZING model from Manhattan planned for tomorrow, but maybe if I grease the old timer's wheels he'll give me garage access again and I can get the car up on 4 jack stands to knock this out. Really looking forward to not hearing any exhaust leaks.

I also bought some 'copper hi-temp' RTV sealant to coat the gasket with. Inception gasket much, lolz - but hopefully it will just eliminate any gaps from the current setup.

Comment

What's a "subscribe" button? Oh, you mean on Youbook?

A trip with a model of what?

Comment

Yeah, on Facetube.

Her. :3 It's gonna be a blast.

Comment

You should call Lincolnmania and see if Ivan can come along.

Comment

You don't want to know how much one day at Six Flags plus parking is. Truss me.

Comment

Working...
                                X