No announcement yet.

1982 Mercury Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87gtvic got me thinking bout all my switches so i thought id share..

top left is for my strobe lights control box(pictured bellow the switches)
    top right is the bumper mounted HID fog lights
    middle left is my PA speaker system (the mic is below next to the strobe box)
    middle right is is my interior LED lights.. under the dash and in the vents
    bottom 2 are for the underbody lights

silver switch in he middle was used as a kill switch for the prev owners like 3 different horns he had on. ive removed all them and wired up that switch as a killswitch for the stereo. its run direct to the battery so now i can play it at all times whether the keys are in the car or not with just a pull of the switch
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0319131135.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	1271882Click image for larger version

Name:	0319131136.jpg
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	1271883

this is where the tach was relocated from the steering column

Name:	0319131136a.jpg
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	1271884

before and after drivers viewpoint. the tach worked out wonderfully and you can see it perfect through the wheel

Name:	270452_155067571231722_4568452_n.jpg
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	1271887Click image for larger version

Name:	0319131136b.jpg
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	1271888
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

I see you have the same LED flash module I have! The little box with A B C buttons... Mines in my scooter though, not one of the cars lol.
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

yep! the little 5 dollar ebay wonder from rice land... hahaha... works nicely too
        Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
        Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
        Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

this is the next thing ill be doing to the merc

Comment

hmm... I like this schematic. I think my 88 needs a dual filament bulb on the inside now.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

so simple too.. for 20 bucks i can make this.. i ahve the parts already the relays will be here next week

Comment

Sequential lights are awesome. Only seen them on old cougar's and mustangs but it'd be sweet on a merc
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

ima give it a shot... for those who know im sure... my generation of Merc taillights have the 3 sections.. the 2 outer being 1157 bulbs and the inner 1 being 194 bulb.. im gonna dremel out the 194 hole to be the same pattern as the 1157 base bulb socket so i have all 3 as turn signals.. and then wiring up the sequentials

Comment

no luck with the sequentials yet. but i got my power antenna in.. gotta wire it up, but its in and works. took the day to wash her all up and FINALLY clean up my rims. the winter was pretty rough on them and rust specs were developing. got it just in time i think before they got pitted. so they look alot better. took her for a cruise around town and get a few looks and 2 compliments at the local gas station. definitely made my day. on the way home i stopped at a friends place that has a very photogenic spot on his driveway..

she looks gorgeous!

Name:	0403131729.jpg
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	1271994Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG950132.jpg
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	1271995Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG955245.jpg
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	1271996

Comment

man that is one bad-ass merc...
                      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

thanks man!.. you guys have no idea what the comments mean to me it makes me feel so proud.

i really like how the tinted corners set off the black paint. adn you can just see my blue calipers behind the 15x8s which reflects off the chrome if you get the right light.

she sounds much meaner than she is.. haha. those side exit exhaust sound monsterous when i punch it and 35 sounds like 80 hahaha

Comment

Hey neons never saw a pic of your merc.. That thing is beautiful!
                          - Juan
                          -White 1995 Grand Marquis, 16xxxx -Muffler delete with straight pipe in place -Custom gauges by Scott -KYB shocks -Nightshaded tail lights -Blacked out rear fascia -All auxiliary lights LEDs -3 broken window motors -6w LED CHMSL mod -101mm intake snout made with duct hose -Gatorback Belt -180 T-Stat -P&P TB -Gods Head badge in rear -Good Ole' K&N Air Filter -2005 Mustang Wheels with 1.5" F and 2" R Spacers -Cady 4 Tone Horn -Mercury Sable Console w/ Cut Seats -Taurus SHO Spoiler (Pending Application)

-2nd panther owned. '03 black n white CVPI, sold.

Comment

thanks grand!.. if youve never seen it, then welcome to her story shes come along way. but is still quite far from beautiful sadly. shes got a bit of cancer starting all around in small areas. and paint is faded bad.

hopefully getting that all taken care of this year thanks for the added support

Comment

Big congrats on the POTM win! I knew you could do it
                              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Congratulations on POTM! I love seeing a box at the top of the page. Hope you can get all of her problems taken care of.

Comment

Working...
                                X