Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes! Looks awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Nice!!! And thanks to your pics, I now know how the AC brackets and pulleys are placed.

Packman

Comment

Front end looks nice. Why is the master cylinder off the booster?
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

based on the rust and blistered paint on the booster, I'm guessing on failure.

Looks proper under the hood. No more of that CFI shenanigans.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yep, m/c took a piss out the back. I'm swapping in the stock one from the 89' and bought a new m/c (w/ the 1" bore).

Did a bunch of work today, exhaust is back in and sitting perfectly level now, drive shaft is back in (I still need to swap the rear axle, but that can wait for after I get it running), trans linkage is all back together, used an 87 trans bracket so the TV cable happily bolted in, big fat DD starter is back in, torque convertor is bolted in, inspection plate is back on, cross member and a new trans mount are in, and a bunch of other stuff.

I've spent much more time cleaning and painting parts then I have working on the car itself.
            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

The front end looks sweet. I love the older bumpers with the grilles in them.

'93 T-bird
              '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
              '88 Mark VII
              '86 CV

Comment

Dat bumper.

Comment

Did you get a tri-fold holder for the booklets on the bottom row of the picture? My '87 MGM came with a black one, but I can't figure out which items go into it, and which should be stored elsewhere.

Did it come with dual exhaust? Upgrading the single exhaust on mine is on the list of projects.

Congratulations on joining the two door club.
                  1987 Grand Marquis LS two door, trying to get to the 60,000 mile mark.

Comment

The vinyl half padded roof is the identical color as the paint.

Comment

2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Just in time for STAP!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                          Just in time for STAP!
                          Ain't happening. I have way too much work to do still, and that's just in the run/drive department. Still have 10 or so wires with no home, and the ignition that goes dead on crank (I believe Pete had this problem as well, though there's no mention of how he fixed it). Without any wiring diagrams it's harder then it looks.

Comment

basically made this comment on the video, but the CFI cars power the ignition in crank mode from the starter relay I terminal. SEFI cars it powers out of the crank circuit somehow. The SEFI cars also tie the crank circuit into the ECM for less braindead starts. I'd replicate the SEFI circuitry for the starting / neutral safety wiring and that ought to make it work for you. It should bring with it the cranking ignition power as well.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              basically made this comment on the video, but the CFI cars power the ignition in crank mode from the starter relay I terminal. SEFI cars it powers out of the crank circuit somehow. The SEFI cars also tie the crank circuit into the ECM for less braindead starts. I'd replicate the SEFI circuitry for the starting / neutral safety wiring and that ought to make it work for you. It should bring with it the cranking ignition power as well.
                              Didn't even catch your comment yet, should have looked before I posted!

No power to the coil in crank mode. The CFI cars got that from the I terminal on the starter relay. I think the SEFI cars got it from the neutral safety circuit. The whacky idle with the chooch start is because the ECM didn't see anything on whatever pin is hooked into the neutral safety circuit to tell it that it was being started.

Looks like I'll have to go trace some more wires. I don't have that many more wires left so it can't be to bad.

Comment

FYI: http://oldfuelinjection.packrad.net/
                                mirror of the RJM tech data site.
                                should have most if not all of the pinouts you really need for all that crap.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                Originally posted by gadget73
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X