Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
    Did you change the flasher or keep the stock one in??
    I have electronic flasher that works with LEDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
      I have electronic flasher that works with LEDs.
      Another good piece of info for "my back pocket" for when I am up to it! Thanks....Bobby. Wonder how it would work with the stock flasher? One way to tell, I guess.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Another good piece of info for "my back pocket" for when I am up to it! Thanks....Bobby. Wonder how it would work with the stock flasher? One way to tell, I guess.
        You don't have to have LEDs for sequentials to work. You can hook up the module and keep stock flasher and bulbs and it will work just the same.

Comment

Great info to know and now no need to experiment! Another reason why "you guys" are the best!!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

"Ghetto-Shine"...LOL, that would go over big here in NYC...............NOT!!!
            Originally posted by slack View Post
            What did you use to ghetto shine the inside of the tail light reflectors?

Comment

Didn't someone here get some unwanted law enforcement attention for having tail lights that were too bright ? Wonder if they had to take the
              shiny film off ? I really like tail light idea, but don't want LE on my case for anything.

Comment

I like the sequential light deal but wouldn't alter the inside of the tail light assemblies.

Comment

You have to. The inner most light is a single filament bulb with a smaller socket. It needs to be modified to fit the bigger socket of the dual filament bulb.

Unless I'm missing something.
                  1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                    Didn't someone here get some unwanted law enforcement attention for having tail lights that were too bright ? Wonder if they had to take the
                    shiny film off ? I really like tail light idea, but don't want LE on my case for anything.
                    Unless he had spot lights pointing to the rear, a little extra illumination never hurts. I'd like to be as noticeable as possible in the dark.

Comment

Mainmantom is right, I think it was the guy who used little mirrors in the housing. I would imagine that the chrome tape that you used is not as bad as the mirrors.

Edit: I can't find any reference to issues w/LE, but like mainmantom I know I read somewhere about someone running into that issue. I did find a thread on using disco ball mirrors: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...hts-Try-this-!.
                      Last edited by VicCrownVic; 07-05-2014, 10:42 PM.
                      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

It was my impression you do the wiring (especially with the kit) with the existing bulbs in place. Is that incorrect??

Comment

You have to replace inner most bulbs. There is no way to make it work with stock bulbs as inner most bulbs are only setup as tail lights and not stop/turn signals.

Comment

So I guess the inner most bulbs need to be changed to dual filaments and then you have to alter the socket hole to take the bigger socket??

Comment

I found the reference that I think mainmantom and I were thinking of: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post661268.
                              I had the right thread, I must have missed it.
                              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

So I guess the inner most bulbs need to be changed to dual filaments and then you have to alter the socket hole to take the bigger socket??
                                Yea, pretty much.

Comment

Working...
                                X