Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good!
    That paper in the windshield looks familiar, is that the build sheet from under the driver seat?
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Big "tip of the hat" to you as this is SO much work and coming along VERY nicely!!! Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

really liking that interior work. nicely done
        Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
        Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
        Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Ok guys I could use some brainstorming ideas. While checking the seat fitment I realized that the seats are tilted towards the doors. I think Aeros and Whales have slanted floor pans or something. So I need to figure out how to raise one side of the seat up about an inch.

I thought about using box seat rails but after quick inspection scratched that idea. What would be the best way to raise one side higher up? The only thing that comes to mind right now is to make a couple of spacers and using longer bolts. Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Spacers would be the first thing I would do. Simple, and easy to reverse if you run into snags with it.
            1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Yeah, I would think some sort of shim system might work.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

you wouldn't happen to have the tracks installed on the wrong seats would you? I know the early boxes used the same tracks between left and right, maybe the later ones were different?

Comment

something along the lines of an aluminum (or similar) bushing. i know what i have in mind. just cant describe it
                  Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                  Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                  Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Mhmmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                      you wouldn't happen to have the tracks installed on the wrong seats would you? I know the early boxes used the same tracks between left and right, maybe the later ones were different?
                      Yea, my box seats have same rails on both sides. Whale and Aero seats have lower track on one side. I found a couple of spacers at Lowes. Was test fitting them the other day. Looks like they should work.

Comment

I stopped by Serge's on the weekend and got to check out the Mod Box. This thing is going to be totally badass - as if it wasn't obvious from this thread, it is way awesomer in person. Too bad about the bodywork required...but I'm confident the finished product will be outstanding.

Serge: I talked to my buddy (40 years auto body) yesterday about the seams in the B/C pillars. Check out 'metal-to-metal' (aluminum-reinforced epoxy) and Dyna-Hair fibreglass filler. Both are waterproof solutions that will hold up to moisture, unlike regular body filler.
                        RyPow
                        1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
                        1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
                        1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
                        2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
                        1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
                        2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
                        2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Comment

Thanks Ryan. I've actually used the metal epoxy before. It's good stuff. Maybe I'll give that a try.

I haven't really posted any updates in a few days but I am still working on the car almost daily. I welded up all the holes in the roof and started color matching the interior black. Today I went to a junkyard and found a minty black box Lincoln Town Car. Yanked a set of rear seat belts out of it. Couldn't get the front ones out, bolts were seized. If anyone have a set of black belts for an Aero or a Whale, let me know. They need to be in good shape though.

Comment

Goodbye faux wood, hello faux stainless steel. lol

Comment

Nice, that'll go much better with the newer dash.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

nice.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                Originally posted by gadget73
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X