Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vwright14 View Post
    What's your brake setup?

Sent while like doing stuff and what not.
    98-02 fronts and I believe he has 97 rear disc brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
      I want interior pics! I wanna see that digital dash in action!
      What he said!

Glad you found someone closer to home (and more qualified) to take on that project. A trip to MI and back would have added quite a bit to the budget due to the cost of gas.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

X3 on this digital dash man.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Long boring showcase video is up, skip to 13:30 for cold start, and to 15:30 for digidash discussion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKuniIYKsAc

@Salty: Combination of aesthetics and practicalty. Trunk trim, rocker trim, and wheel arch trim traps water which is awful. Never really liked the front and rear windshield trim on my car so I just took it off. Rest of the deleted trim was inspired by Lazerbean's '90 LTD Crown Victoria. I really like how he did it with all the smoothed out edges but I don't know how he kept the weatherstripping..... and apparently the local body shop couldn't figure it out either. Because I told them that if they couldn't figure it out, to just delete the parts of the outer door trim that they could do safely (i.e. don't remove anything with weatherstripping attached!) and body color the rest. Obviously that never happened... along with a bunch of other things they were instructed to do!

@HRG: Haha.... well that's one way to put it!

@86Vicky: Skip to 15:30 in the update video.

@Vwright: '98-'02 front discs and I believe '97 rear discs, like 86Vicky said. In order to run these brakes you need 16 inch wheels and a '92+ rear axle. My new axle came out of a '95 Grand Marquis.... said car also had 3.27 TracLok rear end so I'm rocking that now too. Nice improvement over the god-awful 2.73 open rear my '89 came with.

@VCV: Yeah, sorry we never could get that done. MN12 cluster also wouldn't fit properly as we later found out due to its extreme depth. You'd literally need to cut all the steel support bracing behind the dash for it to even stand a chance of fitting. And you wouldn't know that unless you got really, really, far into the swap. So it's all good. Also PM sent regarding other stuffs.

@DTG: Skip to 15:30 in the update video.
          '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
          '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
          '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

The exterior temperature sensor lives under the hood, forward of the radiator on 90s Towncars. Could probably install that without too much nonsense, and it wouldn't be visible either.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

No kidding! I did not know they changed that on the later cars. Okay, that's definitely something I want done next year then.
              '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
              '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
              '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Originally posted by Hearsesrock427 View Post
                @Vwright: '98-'02 front discs and I believe '97 rear discs, like 86Vicky said. In order to run these brakes you need 16 inch wheels and a '92+ rear axle. My new axle came out of a '95 Grand Marquis.... said car also had 3.27 TracLok rear end so I'm rocking that now too. Nice improvement over the god-awful 2.73 open rear my '89 came with.
                Actually your rear axle is '96 housing and brakes (calipers, rotors, e-brake pads, e-brake cables) and shaftery (plus bearings and outer seals), nfc what the end hoses are but there's little difference between '96 and the earlier '92-'94 stuff so either will work. Center hose is brick/OBS F150 4x4 rear hose, cause the aero housing lacks the threaded hole for box-style center hose and the asshole who put the bitch together has no nice feelings for the factory aero atlines and hoses routing. Them 3.27 LSD guts came from an Mk7 LSC either '88 or '90 (makes no difference, those parts are the same between the two), 4-clutch mod done with new plates and clutches and the best 2 old clutches, but the preload isn't ridiculous so she's still quite streetable and doesn't go full retard chirping tires on tight turns. Your Addco bar uses the factory aero mounts on the housing with Addco's own bushings (which can be replaced with equivalent ENS bushings if they get lost during install or wear out prematurely). The end links are splices between the straight section of '98-'02 front links and 2.5"-long 3/8" Grade-8 bolts, bushings and washers are the ones supplied with the Addco bar - interestingly enough the Addco links (factory aero-style, hence the custom jobbies that replaced them) use a 7/16" ID sleeve but only 5/16" bolt - pretty stupid setup I'd say, even the cheap parts store branded factory replacement links usually have larger bolts and sleeve that match them... Everything that needs lubrication got the Cali boobs treatment, silicone everywhere and lots of it

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                The exterior temperature sensor lives under the hood, forward of the radiator on 90s Towncars. Could probably install that without too much nonsense, and it wouldn't be visible either.
                Yeah and something tells me the wire for that sensor did not get ripped out from the cluster connector like the ABS/SRS/whatever junk, should be just hanging there waiting on the proper sensor. Which ought to still be in the car that donated the cluster in question, unless said car is already on its way to become cat food cans.
                The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Digidash looks cool! Any plans to incorporate the buttons into the silver dash trim?
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                  1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

The clutches in the rear of my 93 go full retard with the slightest bit of throttle past just touching the pedal around a corner. But it makes for good grip when you do hammer it. The beater doesn't do it as bad, but still does with a little more throttle... but again... the grip. It's nice to be able to drive in the rain and not have the back it totally fishtail when you change surfaces under acceleration.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                      Digidash looks cool! Any plans to incorporate the buttons into the silver dash trim?
                      Yeah that is where they live in the factory towncar application. Well kinda, they bolt up to the factory plastic bezel, which is raised a bit further away from the gauge cluster. To do the same in this car would require cutting into the cluster's front plastic housing and recessing the buttons actually partly inside the cluster itself, looks like there could be enough space for that before hitting the circuit board, but it is something that will be attempted with the ext car due to time constraints with this one. If it pans out with the other car, this one will be changed accordingly.
                      The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

Temp sensors I'm about 98% sure are identical to the ACT on the intake manifold. Can find one in any box lower intake, or in any 90s airbox assembly.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I have the one from my 93's airbox somewhere if needed.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Looks good! I take it you didn't want the chime active on the cluster?

Comment

And how would you know that???

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
                                And how would you know that???
                                I watched the video and it didn't beep.

Comment

Working...
                                X