No announcement yet.

85.03 Crown Vic Coupe "CVGT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool. I hope to be doing this next year some time myself.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Put on the intake, positioned where I wanted the MSD box and started to figure out where the wires will go and how i'm going to wire them.

I need to take out all the old vacuum stuff and the CFI computer harness. Still kinda iffy about if I should just yank the whole thing or if I need anything out of it, which I doubt. Uhhh. I need to cut my wiper box to fit my tall valve covers, I'm still looking into it.

Smoothed all the edges and sanded a bit of my alternator bracket to coat in paint. Tried to get the power steering pump off of its bracket but it did not want to free the bolts. Put a good bit of PB Blaster on it and went inside. I'll try again today.

Things are chugging along.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

How many hours a day do you spend working on your project?
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
          How many hours a day do you spend working on your project?
          I'm in highschool so usually 3-4pm to 8-9ish. Little details make me not accomplish a lot since I want it all to be perfect and to the best of my ability.

Today I didn't accomplish much after getting a migraine halfway through.
          Cut out most of the Fuel Injection harness going to the computer. Started setting up the wiring and figuring out the MSD ignition box and distributor combo. Need to figure out what the wiring that goes from the fuel pump relay to the computer is.. Need to read through my box electrical book..

Also put on the separator plate and the flywheel, I've got my dads buddies MatCo Tap and Dye set so I plan to take the bolts out and clean the threads before using thread locker and torquing them. It's a billet steel flywheel, 28oz.

Last edited by Bobcat; 12-23-2014, 11:31 PM.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Looking good Louis!!

-ryan s.
            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
            Originally posted by pantera77
            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
              Looking good Louis!!

-ryan s.

Feeling good!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Don't cut the EFI harness. Unplug the ECM and just remove it in one chunk. It comes out much cleaner that way. The whole thing unplugs if you do it right. Its a big ugly mess, but stubby wires are worse.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                  feeling good!
                  "trading places"!!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                    Don't cut the EFI harness. Unplug the ECM and just remove it in one chunk. It comes out much cleaner that way. The whole thing unplugs if you do it right. Its a big ugly mess, but stubby wires are worse.
                    I unplugged the ECU and removed the computer all together. I traced every wire that went to the ECU and everything fuel injected related, I removed.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about.. Youve lost me

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
                      "trading places"!!!
                      And our grand prize of moms 3 year old fruit cake, goes to you sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                        I unplugged the ECU and removed the computer all together. I traced every wire that went to the ECU and everything fuel injected related, I removed.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about.. Youve lost me
                        If you removed the harness and ECM entirely, you should be good then.

Comment

Gotta make an ECU block off plate and get a pin layout diagram for the fuel relay, voltage regulator and solenoid. Oh and the ignition wiring. Might go see about a t5 sometime this week

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Tinkered with it today for about seven hours. (7pm to 1am) used a wire schematic to sort out a lot of the wires and whatnot. Had to throw the column in in order to turn the key and test the MSD box, which everything worked and it have ample spark. I was expecting a bunch of shit to not work since I've changed so much wiring. But just about all the electrical works. What I've found to not work right now with no trouble shooting yet. Is : blinkers, brake lights and the drivers headlights are very dim. Doesn't worry me much.

Hopefully planning to pickup a T5Z and pedals this coming weekend. Clutch bolts are on the way.
                            Pictures, pictures, pictures!

I need to organize my shit. Jesus fuck.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Looks about right. If you don't have a starter relay with 4 terminals, you'll probably need to get one, otherwise you won't have any power to the ignition system when cranking. Thats one of the less smart things about Ford ignition switches. The wire that powers the ignition goes dead when you roll it to start.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

What brake booster are you putting in?

And also make sure to document very well the assembly of the pedals for the added clutch pedal as well as where you end up punching the hole in the firewall for the clutch cable to go through.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X