No announcement yet.

85.03 Crown Vic Coupe "CVGT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope you fixed the brakes before you took it for a drive.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      I hope you fixed the brakes before you took it for a drive.
      I'm still a teenager and fully willing to take risks to feel what I've been slaving on for months.

E-Brake works.
      Engine braking works.

Little bit more of a tune up today, drove it a bit more. The parts guy forgot to order my brake soft line.. It's coming tomorrow morning.

Man.. Do I love MSD ignition... Blip the key and it even starts up, even when it's 10 degrees. Even with the choke wide open.

Need to make this shitty 1g alternator work.. To use before I swap to 3g, shouldn't have painted it in a "Don't give a fuck, needs to be red" state of mind.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

We made a custom t-handle for a mid 80's carbed Honda Accord in high school auto shop we built for a dirt track race, made it out of lead we had laying around so we could throw it into the gears quickly. It didn't have a grip on it, just a smooth round tube. I only drove it once around the school and it was fine but don't know how it would've been on a longer cruise.
        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Brass would be a better choice. Won't rub off on your hands. I'm not overly paranoid about lead poisoning and all that but at the same time it seems like not a great material to put on a shift handle.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Dude, I am so proud of how far this car has come. You can't go wrong with a vehicle that runs like a top, makes great sounds, and looks gorgeous. Especially one that you yourself, have built up. You're well on your way to becoming an expert on this platform.
            '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
            '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
            '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Brass would be a better choice. Won't rub off on your hands. I'm not overly paranoid about lead poisoning and all that but at the same time it seems like not a great material to put on a shift handle.
              We were (or are) dumb high school kids, didn't know better. Plus we drove the thing with gloves, at least I did, it was always covered with oil and since I find it tons easier to wear rubber gloves than sand my hands down with Gojo, I just wear those instead, 2 pairs since they rip easy and I can slip on a new outer pair easily.

Also not sure if it was true lead, that's what the guys who found it said, it was more than likely just steel.

Anyways, I've always wanted to try a t-handle shifter, want one for my truck. Then again, you can't shift gears in a pickup very quickly.
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Need some photo documentation on clutch pedal assembly!!!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

^^ this

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                    Need some photo documentation on clutch pedal assembly!!!
                    To be honest. It's very, very easy. It's probably the easiest part of the job. You drill a hole through, use the pedal shaft from the T5, slide it in and weld it. I have my brother weld it and it took all of 20 minutes. I didn't take much pictures because it was so painless, when I was thinking that was the hardest part of the job.

The firewall is what fucks you. Plus setting the pedal height and shit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2171.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	1277274Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2172.jpg
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	1277275Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2204.jpg
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	1277276Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2205.jpg
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	1277277

It's up and running and driving well. Need to bleed the brakes, put on the swaybars, wheel spacers, get my alternator fixed (Until I swap to a 3g) and get tires for my new rims and then it's a waiting game for the rest of the mods I'm doing.

I need the metal casings that hold the swaybar bushings to the frame, anyone got any that are have decent, laying around? I threw mine out, like a fool.

Ahh and there's about an 100ft tire track at the end of my road. Even from a rolling 30mph it'll light up the one legger, in second gear.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Need videos of burnout.

-ryan s.
                      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                      Originally posted by pantera77
                      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Thanks for the pics. Would be cool if someone would put out measurements or a jig. And yes, video of this burnout business is needed!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                          Ineed the metal casings that hold the swaybar bushings to the frame, anyone got any that are have decent, laying around? I threw mine out, like a fool.
                          If you're going ES sway bar bushings, they come with new metal casings for the bushings.

Congrats on getting it running!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

was gonna suggest ES bushings for the same reason. Plus they have grease nipples, and who doesn't love greasy nipples?

Comment

Awesome!
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

was gonna suggest ES bushings for the same reason. Plus they have grease nipples, and who doesn't love greasy nipples?
                                You sold me when you said greasy nipples.

I planned on ES bushings but was unsure if they came with the casings as they weren't in pictures.

Let's hope they don't honey-dick me.

Put on the MAC Prochambers today and did a bunch of random little shit. It's ready to be driven, can't hear the mufflers until I fix this fucking 1g alternator
                                Yes I plan to swap to a 3g in the future, but I want a little seat time and need more funding money.

Video is to come, when I can drive it without it dying from no battery charge.
                                Last edited by Bobcat; 03-31-2015, 10:58 PM.
                                __________________________________________________

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Working...
                                X