85.03 Crown Vic Coupe "CVGT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by packman View Post
    Nice. Which headers are those? BBK? I wonder if there are headers that don't point down as much? I got a set of Doug's Tri-Y mid lengths that aren't angled down as much as those headers. Assuming that won't cause other fitment issues.

Packman

One is the On3 turbo header and the other is some ebay special. That is pretty quality. I need a tiny oil filter or a relocation kit. I saw one guy with one that was like 2" tall. But I can't remember where.

The cross over pipe will be 2.25" for higher velocity. AKA quicker spooling.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

If the 351 uses the same oil filter as the 302 (I have no idea if it does) you could use an oil filter for a '98 302 Explorer. Those filters are shorter, I assume because the is less room for the filter in an Explorer engine bay.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

It does. FL300 is the short filter, its the one used on the 302 and 351 with the oil cooler. Explorers had a 90 degree elbow thing that was an oil cooler / filter mover arounder part. The filters actually stick basically forward on those, not out the side of the block like we're used to. I have no idea if the actual filter mating surface on that cooler unit was the same as what is cast into the block. It might be different diameter or use different threads because reasons.

Last edited by gadget73; 11-24-2016, 01:44 AM.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          It does. FL300 is the short filter, its the one used on the 302 and 351 with the oil cooler. Explorers had a 90 degree elbow thing that was an oil cooler / filter mover arounder part. The filters actually stick basically forward on those, not out the side of the block like we're used to. I have no idea if the actual filter mating surface on that cooler unit was the same as what is cast into the block. It might be different diameter or use different threads because reasons.
          I may get an adapter, since the filter would literally have to be 2.5" long, in order to fit with the forward facing header..

I need that power steering pump bracketry. Although I may have figured out a way to make my CV one work..

Alternator will be the next issue.
          Last edited by Bobcat; 11-24-2016, 01:48 AM.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I cant wait to see the engine blow.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              I cant wait to see the engine blow.
              +1.

Dave, do you think we should start and over/under pool for that?

-ryan s.
              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
              Originally posted by pantera77
              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Most definitely.

All in good fun of course.
                ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                  Pics??
                  video? (flush of a 1995 power steering setup - same as in my 93. The whale setup uses a reservoir mounted driver front of the engine instead of driver fender)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Wondering if maybe SN95 or Explorer accessories are what you need here. Those are tucked closer to the front of the motor too, if clearance out front is an issue. The Explorer pump is similar to the modular motor pump, and its mounted up top, basically where the panther alternator lives. Alternator lives pretty much centered. It will work with a distributor, but only if you remote mount the TFI module. Distributorless is an option too I guess. AC plumbing is something of a bastard, but it can be done.

The balancer could be a problem though. 351 uses a different imbalance, and I do not believe one exists in a stock config that works with those accessories. Someone in the aftermarket might have made one though. I'd lay money on someone having done a 351 SN95 swap, probably doesn't physically fit into an Exploder though.
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Relocate the filter. Why compromise with less media, and suffer through oil changes? Relocation kits are cheap, and with a couple 90 fittings to clear the exhaust, you'll be good to go.

Plenty of room to mount it up front. Add an extra filter to increase capacity.

When I had the NOVI 2000 on my Ram, oil temps increased noticeably until I added a big cooler and two remote mount filters.
                      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

So this is me mocking up the alternator and front accessories. I need to run a foxbody water pump (reverse rotation) and need mustang water pump and crank pullies to run the belt in the correct position. I rotated the cold side of the turbo so that I can get an idea of how it'll be when I put the real turbo on and where the intercooler pipes will go and intercooler. Also put the intake spacer on and it's currently got the lightning fuel rails on it. Which I may or may not use, since the panther style rails have the fuel sender line, right where the turbo is. I could re-route it down on the top of the valve cover or below the upper intake, along the lower.. But I'd rather not.

So I'm organizing my garage and making room for yearly Vic disassembly. I pick up a box of lightning parts that came with my intake and start sorting through it and BAM mustang underdrives. Missing all of the paint on them, but saving me $100. So that's neat.

Yes, there is a wire holding the alternator to the hood, since I'm going to make an alternator bracket.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I love that they stamped "turbocharger" on there, just in case you weren't sure. Looking good though buddy. Wish I could offer some insight on accessory routing but i'm figuring on converting to mustang crap so I can use a centrifugal blower at some point. Much simpler than what you're doing. Check corral though, i'm sure somebody there has gone through something similar. Tons of mustang guys running 351's, and presumably turbos too.

Comment

Snail.
                            ~David~

Comment

Why do you have a beta shield on your turbochoocher?

You also shouldn't mock the alternator. It may cease to alternate.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                                Why do you have a beta shield on your turbochoocher?

You also shouldn't mock the alternator. It may cease to alternate.

You're hanging out with John too much, Thain.

Steam?
                                __________________________________________________

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Working...
                                X