No announcement yet.

The 92 CVLX pt. II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck that '92. Much want for that truck. Ashley would love the color combo and it's the right vintage (87-91). Also back from the grave is you. Where the hell have you been?
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I havent seen an early 90s CV with shiny paint in a long time. Nice looking car. Welcome back too.
      -Nick M.
      Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
      03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Always liked the '92, just hate the shitty motor/trans. A 4v/4r70w would make it a champ though. Glad to see you back buddy.

Comment

I've always liked the early Aeros. Yours looks like it has held up reasonably well so far.

My Cars:
          -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
          -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
          -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
          -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

I have a fondness for almost all '80s and early-'90s Fords. I want that truck.
            —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
            1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
            1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
            1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Was it parked outside or in the garage before you brought it back into service?
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

It's been sitting around for over a year and a half. Original plan was to swap all it's good parts into the nice rust free '97 HPP I had bought, but I sold that to Ryan and it became the TOJ III.
                Then I bought the Town Car last spring and swapped the plates over, so it was sitting in the woods for a while. Was going to demo it at the fair this fall, but I sold both the Battle Wagon, and Battle Wagon II, which left me without a winter beater, so I put it in mothball status.
                With winter coming up, I had to bring it back into service, because I won't drive the Town Car or F250 in the salt.

Where it was sitting for a while:

New pads/rotors/calipers/ on all 4 corners. Along with new front sway bar links, high pressure and return P/S hoses, serp belt, oil change, and greased the front end.

Then enough Fluid Film to drown a small animal:

After that a quick detail for retail, still looks half decent cleaned up:

It definitely has some issues, but that's why it's a winter beater.
                Last edited by pantera77; 10-25-2017, 10:22 PM.
                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Still looks really good for a winter beater. There's something about early Aeros that appeal to me, despite some draw backs (early 4.6 valve stems, weird EGR passage), but yet there's just something about them.

My Cars:
                  -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                  -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                  -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                  -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

What KWolf said. Just crusty enough not to feel bad about driving it in the winter but not completely rotten out and the interior is clean. Perfect winter beater. What I also like about the early aeros is that the interior is still plush, doesn't look chincy like the later cars. Which is why Townies past 96 or so don't appeal to me. Or whatever year it was when the pillow seats and angular dash went away. US military studies show that Krown T40 out performs Fluid Film as does good ole WD40... But, if that's what ya got, run it. Spraying Krown everywhere makes me all warm & fuzzy inside.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                      What KWolf said. Just crusty enough not to feel bad about driving it in the winter but not completely rotten out and the interior is clean. Perfect winter beater. What I also like about the early aeros is that the interior is still plush, doesn't look chincy like the later cars. Which is why Townies past 96 or so don't appeal to me. Or whatever year it was when the pillow seats and angular dash went away. US military studies show that Krown T40 out performs Fluid Film as does good ole WD40... But, if that's what ya got, run it. Spraying Krown everywhere makes me all warm & fuzzy inside.
                      Where do you get Krpwn done around here? There aren't too many places that oil spray around here anymore. IDGAF about my Town Car since its a lost cause rust wise, but there will be a day where I'll have to drive the '98 in snow and I don't really want to leave it unprotected, only rust on it now is a blister on 1 fender and I'd like to keep it that way.
                      -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
                      1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
                      1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
                      1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

Derek goes to Windsor, but there is a place in Lexington (up in the Thumb, not far from where I grew up/where my parents live) if you don't have your boarder crossing permit like me.
                        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                          Derek goes to Windsor...
                          Yep, Santing's OK Tire store to be exact. They are getting ready to launch more franchises in the states so I'm eager for that to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                            Yep, Santing's OK Tire store to be exact. They are getting ready to launch more franchises in the states so I'm eager for that to happen.
                            That would be great if they opened some around here. I was looking at taking the '96 to Windsor for Krown treatment before the winter of '12/'13 but the car didn't make it there thanks to that drunk driver. Town Car was sprayed at least once by a company in Dearborn that went out of business in '00 seeing as it wore a sticker from them and still has oil in the doors and parts of the fenders, and it did probably help some, the floors are mostly solid and the doors are spotless inside and out. I never bothered having it sprayed because once I got to know the car I knew the rust was already terminal and I really didn't think it'd still be on the road 5 years later (and some would say it shouldn't be).

Sorry Zach. I'm done hijacking you thread now. I'm kinda digging that '92 of yours. You just do not see them anymore, and while that one is kinda crusty its still better than any I've seen in quite awhile.
                            -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
                            1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
                            1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
                            1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

When I hear "car parked in the woods", what I picture is not what you have going on. I imagine this:

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

There's a few places around here that do krown, seems pretty comparable to FF to me, might be better, IDK. There's also a place called rust stop near me that sprays on some thick shit, almost the consistency of grease, that's my favorite.
                                I hate WD40 with a passion, I'd rather piss on the car then spray that shit on it. A 5 gal bucket of FF from Napa is ~$170 for me and last a few years spraying a few cars.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                                When I hear "car parked in the woods", what I picture is not what you have going on. I imagine this:
                                My tri-five has been in the woods for probably half a century now. Not even worth trying to move.
                                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Working...
                                X