1975 Ford Maverick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    Are those Scorpion roller rockers under stock HO valve covers ?

asking because I have a set of Scorpion rockers that i want to use on the Mark VII if/when I swap the heads. Would be nice if my stock valve covers fit.
    Couldn't you use spacers? That is if you want to just preserve the look of just not wanting to spend money. I agree with either

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

They are unfortunately not scorpion...they have no name brand printed on them, but they do fit under the stock aluminum HO valve covers

Mitymerc: Thank you for helping confirm my suspicion about how fast this car is, of course there is no real way to know until I take it to the track

Bit better photo of the damage:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2857.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	1276815
      Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 12-06-2014, 11:44 PM.
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
        Couldn't you use spacers? That is if you want to just preserve the look of just not wanting to spend money. I agree with either
        spacers for what ?

I have taller valve covers actually. They came with the heads. I think it might need an intake spacer, but honestly I would prefer to keep the stock ones. The fill holes are in the wrong spot on the other valve covers if I remember right. They're not terrible looking at least, its a decent aluminum cover, not the shitty stamped steel kind. I kind of dig the stock look on that car. Besides, I'm terrible at keeping shiny stuff polished, so not having to worry about it appeals to me.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
          but they do fit under the stock aluminum HO valve covers
          If you cut out all of the baffling.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
            They are unfortunately not scorpion...they have no name brand printed on them, but they do fit under the stock aluminum HO valve covers

Mitymerc: Thank you for helping confirm my suspicion about how fast this car is, of course there is no real way to know until I take it to the track

Bit better photo of the damage:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41583[/ATTACH]
            What damage, Philip

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
              What damage, Philip
              Ah, just meaning the work we did ripping everything apart.

Details
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                Or, if you grind the bottom of it for stealth mode. There was a guy @ the track that was always trying to figure out why my stock head, stock cam car was so fast. He would occasionally look in the oil fill tube, HAH, also you couldn't see that the exhaust ports were gasket matched & slightly ported....

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

oil fill tube... looking for that greased lightning...

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

if the baffles are hacked, you'd see more stuff down the tube. You also tend to get more oil up the tube and into the throttle body.
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Phil wasn't the throttle body like super caked up when you got the car?

Comment

Yup, by just grinding the bottom of the baffle it still functions, but nosy guys see nothing.....

This was many years ago, but it just came to mind that I may also have tried double vc gaskets also.....

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                          spacers for what ?
                          Woops sorry to ignore this, I figured you could use valve cover spacers to have the stock covers clear the rockers? That wouldn't cause clearance issues with the plenum would it?

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

valve cover spacers exist? I thought you meant intake spacers for taller valve covers.

Comment

apparently they do.. http://www.jegs.com/i/B-B/128/63940/...oductId=747514

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

inch and a quarter thick and only 130, plus I have to use 2 sets of valve cover gaskets at 40 bucks a pair for good ones and my own valve covers and probably at least a 1" intake spacer. Not a bargain I'm afraid. I can get whole valve covers for that or less and only need a single set of gaskets. I had no idea such a thing even existed though.

I actually have a set of taller valve covers around here somewhere. Decent aluminum ones too, but I think the filler hole is in the wrong spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X