No announcement yet.

My 79 LTD 2dr - 351W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just noticed it has a center mount front plate holder!!! I must know more.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I got a kick out of the Perot bumper sticker! The guy was so embarrassed he put it in the trunk instead of on the bumper!!

What's sad is the rust is much worse then it looks in the pictures. If I pushed hard on the spare tire sump in the trunk it would probably break away from the body. I'm still trying to decide the best way to fix that. It will definately get fixed one way or another.

Zwack if you are going to be in the area just shoot me a message. You can swing by and take a look at the LTD. But seriously it's not much to look at right now. It'll look real tough when I get the body sprayed black and some big meats on the back!! :evil:

I believe the center plate mount is stock on the 79's.

Comment

Hm, the cruise buttons on the steering wheel are in a different place. Interesting.

Good find, and best of luck on the resto. How does the frame underneath look?
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Rust sux. Still a nice find. If that carb has the linkage arm for the AOD and you wanna get rid of it, give me a shout.[/url]
          1989 Grand Marquis LS
          flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

I don't plan on using the stock steering wheel. I've got a Grant 3 spoke wheel that I plan to use.

I haven't been able to check the frame over yet. The way the body is rusted I suspect the frame is going to be rotted around the rear body mounts. If it's rotted I'll have to fix it or find another frame.

Yep rust sucks!! I'm going to fix it. I'm not going to screw up again and sell this one like I did with my 81 2dr that was actually in much better shape.

My 460/5spd is going in my LTD so I'm not going to be using the carb or trany that's in the car. But I don't even know if the LTD has a AOD or a C4. I don't even remember what the shift indicator said. I'll have to look. I remember someone saying the 79's had the C4.

Comment

thats what my trunk looked like before i reconstructed it

Comment

That would suck if the frame was shot cause I remember that was the reason you got rid of your other 2 door.
                2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

The plan is for dual batteries and a fuel cell to be mounted in the trunk. So I'll probably just fabricate something in place of the factory sheetmetal in the trunk.

It doesn't matter if the frame is rotted or not I'm still going to build this car. I screwed up big time selling my 81. I sold it because of a rotted frame. I kick myself in the ass everytime I think about it! After I sold it I tried to find another 2dr in my area and I had no luck until I found this 79. This one isn't going anywhere!! I'm going to build this one even if I have to replace or repair everything on it.

Comment

It's a body-on-frame car so replacing the trunk floor shouldn't be all that bad. It doesn't look all that god-awful, just a diamond in the rough. Best of luck with it mang...maybe one day I'll take a roadtrip and check it out.
                    Nick
                    88 Colony Park LS
                    G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                    Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

The trunk floor isn't anything major it's just one more thing to fix.

It's definately a diamond in the rough. But that just means more fun building it.

Comment

Yup, exactly mang...can't wait to see it when it's done...i'm startin to want a coupe now lol
                        Nick
                        88 Colony Park LS
                        G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                        Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

All I can say is 2dr's are the shit!! Even ones as crappy as mine!!

Comment

AMEN gotta have a 2-door

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I was bored so I threw the 16" Lincoln Mk VII LSC turbines on my car and took a few more pics of it. They are pretty crappy because it's still in the storage unit. And I didn't use any spacers on the rims so it looks a little goofy.

I can't wait until spring so I can get working on this! :chainsaw:

Comment

Very cool. I love the look of those things on boxes.
                                2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Working...
                                X