• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BK_Grand_Marquis
    Originally posted by merc6
    closeup of badge
    Welcome aboard.

I like those badges too. Been looking for the SOHC ones but they don't stock them anymore at the site I was looking on.

I was thinking about the Proguards too. Just wanted to see more input on them.
    Ebay is a gold mind for 4.6 badges

2005 Legacy GT *13.5 @ 96MPH*
    2003 Mercury Marauder *Totaled*

Comment

Originally posted by BK_Grand_Marquis
      I was thinking about the Proguards too. Just wanted to see more input on them.
      I noticed a tad bit of diffrence with it installed like if I let off the throttle at hi speeds it sdesn't slow down as fast as it use to. I am also SCT tuned so that also plays with MPG factor. Nobody sells 91 and thats what the car is tuned for from factory. Now it's currently tuned for 93 proguard was fairly easy since I haven't lowered the car yet. It only took me like 20 mins to instal cause the ground I was laying on was still cold from the snow.

As you wished... more info on the Proguard

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...ad.php?t=20054

Originally posted by trife86
      those checkered badges are nice, how much you pay for the MM?
      $20 was the price for my car labeled as a 2003 Black Mercury Grand Marquis

Comment

Nice car man, real nice.
        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Sweet Merc!!! Park it until spring time. You don't want to wreck it before you can fully enjoy it.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
          Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
          5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

wreck it how? there has been no snow for some time now. I'm so tempted to put the rims back on but then 2 things happen.

*It may snow 1 day after I put them on
            *I defeat the purpose of buying the snow tires.

Merc is the daily driver cause the 6 is in pieces...going back stock for sale.

Comment

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!

That car is amazing!!! I want one now!!!

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
              My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

wreck it how? there has been no snow for some time now. I'm so tempted to put the rims back on but then 2 things happen.

Black Ice!!! Don't forget about black ice. When the pavement is below 32-degrees and that invisible layer of ice forms on top. I wrecked my Camaro years ago on black ice.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by N A

Black Ice!!! Don't forget about black ice. When the pavement is below 32-degrees and that invisible layer of ice forms on top. I wrecked my Camaro years ago on black ice.
                  too late I wan't even accelerating. I was going up a hill and next thing I know i'm facing the guardrail. I realized there is a time to be fast and when not to.

Comment

too late I wan't even accelerating. I was going up a hill and next thing I know i'm facing the guardrail. I realized there is a time to be fast and when not to.

So... Did ya... did ya wreck it?

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06 (you will be missed)

Comment

Originally posted by "merc6

Not like the 6 understeering into a telephone pole...LOL :evil:
                      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Very nice marauder!
                        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd

Not like the 6 understeering into a telephone pole...LOL :evil:
                          yeah I only went sideways in the merc on the z rateds which was when the tires were on the way. since then the rear end stays planted untill I gave it the command no t to.

yep the 6 spun out alot more than the merk has. The suspention is designed to also rotate when lifting throttle in turns. other time was in a turn the damn ATX tranny doenshifted into vvt causing the michelins to loose grip and b line straight for the exact same pole as earler that race season. After getting the car I damn near drove it to get use to it in all weather but snow. The idea of a beater has come up but I have other thngs going on so keeping the 6 for a beater isn not finantialy right since the payments are more than the merc.

Comment

Kinda wierd that even with all the suspension work on the pro, the 3 wheel turns, I neve spun it out. Had it really far out a few time, but never all the way around. The 6's really like to turn around though.
                            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

closeup of badge
                              I was looking at the badge on ebay, I didnt think anyone had it. I shall not copy your mod, Ill get another original one

293 RWHP & 312 RWTQ
                              Many Bolt-ons and Dyno Tuning

Comment

Originally posted by Blackened300a
                                closeup of badge
                                I was looking at the badge on ebay, I didnt think anyone had it. I shall not copy your mod, Ill get another original one
                                No thats cool. I remember when I was the 1st to get the badge in my avitar for my 6 and a week later it became a jdm fad in japan! If you get then they came in 2 sets (4 total) Havn't really figured out where to put the other 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X