No announcement yet.

My 03 300A *DUW*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep my sig says it correct! The 18" Magnaflows went on today and at idle (1100RPM) it is damn near the same but get it above 2k and it's a difrent beast. It was raining so I couldn't fully enjoy my newly installed pleasure. Later after fillup I hit the streets and highway with the winders cracked and man does it sound nice! no drone or anything for the time being since the mufflers are brand new an have less than 10 miles on them. I also can't wait to get rid of the new muffler smell. I didn't take my camera with me cause I didn't think the shop would let me in, but the let me watch the entire thing. I enclosed a camera phone pic of as close as I could get(liability issues with me and flying sparks from welding). You can kinda see the lip of one of them on the left if you follow the tips back. Once I put it on the lift for my next oil change I'll snap away. I didn't care about HP on this mod, sound was rewarding enough! mrltd we need to compare cars!
    Attached Files

2005 Legacy GT *13.5 @ 96MPH*
    2003 Mercury Marauder *Totaled*

Comment

Very nice! Now if you really want to hear what they sound like, Go order a set of Res-Delete tips and you'll hear a unbelievable change in the tone.

293 RWHP & 312 RWTQ
      Many Bolt-ons and Dyno Tuning

Comment

that would be cool but...I have headders and custon X pipe in the near future dreams My commutes are 90% hiway and speeds varry from 65-80. i also do commutes from Va to ohio so les inner cabin drone=Less stressed out driver. I had mufflers on the 6 and cops always fucked with me. I ended up selling them a few months later. I still want to hear the dual mode mufflers everyone's raving about. I also want dry weather tommorow so I can get a beter Seat of the pants dyno and see what wot from dead stop sounds like now I'm surprised almost everyone at the shop knew what my car was. it's also a funny how I cleaned and armoraled the engine bay a few days before so when they asked me to pop the hood the car built in 02 looked showroom new!

Comment

I constantly clean my engine, Nothing bothers me more then a dusty unkept engine bay. I hear ya about the long commutes and having to deal with drone. It can be quite annoying. I want to do the full headers and X pipe but thats a lot of cash at the moment. You get more speed out of a Torque convertor swap. Some guys have had .7 tenths taken off their 1/4 mile times with just the install. Thats probably going to be the next mod Ill do. Full exhaust will come later on when I either get a really good tax return check or my Vacation and Sick leave check from my union is a nice one.
          Dont expect much more power from just a simple muffler swap. When I did mine I actually thought the car lost some of its power off the line. It wouldnt break tires like it did beofre the muffler install. Maybe cause I had a Reinhart tune installed or the engine had to adjust to the lower back pressure
          I know I know

293 RWHP & 312 RWTQ
          Many Bolt-ons and Dyno Tuning

Comment

spinning tires off the line was cool till I realized spinning=not going foerward as fast as I would like to. Usualy when you take from low end you place it higher up in rev range I'll be pleased with a seat of the pants gain which usualy is just a placebo effect. One thing I did notice is the intake is now not as audible as the mufflers. Part open throttle under overpasses and between box trailers is nice.

Comment

VA? Where at? I'm in the Norfolk area.

Comment

North as posible since my job is in S.E. D.C. area. Falls Church, Arlington border so I see both arlington county and unfairfax county cop cars in my parkinglot doing walk thrus of the apt complex. I been to mrltd's old house once but the farthest I driven south was a mazda meet at VCU.

Comment

Clean engine bay picts

Heres a magnaflow pict...as you can see it's not complete. Xpipe and headers are next.

Vids

Mazdas247 is an independent community featuring Discussion Forums, Classifieds and Resources for Mazda vehicles.

Mazdas247 is an independent community featuring Discussion Forums, Classifieds and Resources for Mazda vehicles.

Comment

Nice mufflers, though you need some bigger exhaust to really free everything up!

Hopefully you'll make it up to the new house for another arcade day...This time all my working games will be at one place and ready to play.
                    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

cool when are you off and how many you got this time?

Comment

Merc 6 Engine shot (DUW)

couldn't seem to find my old thread so... here goes an addition.

Comment

Wow looks great!
                          2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

You engine bay looks clean enough to eat off of. Is that the stock maurader upper intake manifold and maf, I actually never seen under the hood of a maurader before.
                            Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
                            2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
                            Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
                            Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Comment

Yep maf and marauder intake mani is stock. The K&N kit bolted up to the stock maf and housing. The MAF is kinda hidden in this picture by the heat shield. I keep the engine bay clean cause I'm always in a last minute car show of some kind.

Comment

I remember when my mazda was kept that clean....
                                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
                                X