Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaze's 86 SVt Vic (The on-going project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R1 Concepts

They look good, but honestly that's all I wanted them for. I wouldn't track these rotors, as drilled rotors have significantly more cracking problems. Not to mention is ultra cheap, so I don't really trust it. For a track rotor I'd only use name brand smooth or slotted only rotors.

But brilled rotors do look sweet! That is after all the only reason Porsche installs drilled rotors on their cars from the factory.

Comment

A while back in Mopar Action magazine, one of the editors came up with a neat braking system for Mopars/Fords (same bolt pattern). They used Porsche (I think they were Porsche rotors), Viper calibers, and some sort of performance pads. It was all stock stuff that you could get at a dealership and they used 17" Bullit wheels. I'll see if I can scrounge up the issue.

Packman

Comment

I want to see that car in person! Cant wait to see them installed!
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88 View Post
          I want to see that car in person! Cant wait to see them installed!
          I wish it was in better showing condition. Because next to that wagon it'll look like it just got pulled to be crushed lol!

Comment

It's still in A LOT better shape than mine Blaze, don't worry about it, lol.
            1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
            1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
            1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic View Post
              I wish it was in better showing condition. Because next to that wagon it'll look like it just got pulled to be crushed lol!
              Maybe you'd feel better if my cars were parked nearby?
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I got my "new" control arms from Scott this week. I still have to clean, paint, and assemble the spindles, but for now I have cleaned and restored the upper and low control arm and installed new polyurethane bushings from Energy Suspensions. Tonight I get the spindles cleaned and painted.
                Attached Files

Comment

Dumb question; are those control arms for your CV?
                  I am contemplating a clean-up of the suspension under my ma's car and I might update a few items underneath. I have a guy in Linden working on brass isolators for the springs, so I will be taking the front-end apart when we thaw out a bit.

Packman

Comment

It's in my reader's ride thread, aint it?

Why would you be making a brass spring isolator? If you don't want that cushiony rubber isolator, then take it out, and hear the clatter. It wouldn't be any different from putting a brass piece between the spring and the car. Unless you are talking about something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic View Post
                      It's in my reader's ride thread, aint it?

Why would you be making a brass spring isolator? If you don't want that cushiony rubber isolator, then take it out, and hear the clatter. It wouldn't be any different from putting a brass piece between the spring and the car. Unless you are talking about something else.
                      I didn't know if you were prepping the control arms for your CV or your Honda. BTW, where are the pics for that car that you promised B4 Christmas break?

As for the isolators, I can't get the stock isolators to work with the Speedway Motors racing springs. So I figured that I'd get something that is softer than the metal on the spring perch and can be machined a lot thinner than the rubber material on the OEM isolators; that way I can get everything to fit. I am uneasy about installing springs without isolators.

I know you said that you're going to focus on the Honda, but are you still going to mess with your CV (i.e. paint it and all that)?

Packman

Comment

I got a Toyota, a 1973 Toyota Celica. Pics here! Though I still have yet to actually go take a photo shoot with it. Still cleaning details on it. I'm having to wet sand and polish a lot of the paint on the lower filler panels.

I don't know why your stock ones didn't work. I have all speedway racing springs and they all have the stock isolators. The bushing kit for the front came with poly isolators as well (which I will be using).

Comment

My bad, Toyota Celica. Occasionally I'll see those classic Toyotas and Hondas being trailered to Englishtown. They jack the rear ends up like they would with an American drag car. They look pretty badaz like that. I always wondered what they were running.

I dunno why both the old and replacement isolators wouldn't work. Anyways, I got the brass stuff in the works and they should work fine. That's gotta be an interesting combo to own; the classic Toyota and the SVT Vic.

Packman

Comment

Oh it is odd indeed. As rough and tight of a ride I have made the Vic into, it's like a Cadillac next to the Celica. Just imagine a car with no springs, just solid bars and that's about what it feels like.

Comment

I need pics of you-know-what installed!!!!
                              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                              sigpic
                              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

In a few weeks, I gotta redo the paint around there before it's picture worthy again. And I need to get this thing trustworthy again as well.

I got accomplished today, spindles cleaned, painted, ball joints pressed into lower arm, hubs replaced with new Timkens (I love that they beaded on some anti-seize on there for ya), and a rough assembly for some cool pics!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X