Looking for a glovebox latch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a glovebox latch

I need a glovebox latch for my 88 Town Car. Can't find one anywhere. If anyone got a spare one kicking around I'll buy it off you at a reasonable price. I'll need it shipped to Labrador, which I'll pay for.
    Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
    Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Do you just need the latch? or the key too? I think you can pull the lock out of the center I'm not sure. I'll go to one of the u-pull-its and see if I can't find one for ya.

Comment

I need a latch as well...isnt it something I can buy at like advance or auto zone?
      mine's pretty much intact, I just need the prongs and spring so that it clicks shut.
      sigpic
      1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

are towncar ones the same as the others?? I have a few... with key, no key, no lock.... all black
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I think so. I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht View Post
            I need a latch as well...isnt it something I can buy at like advance or auto zone?
            mine's pretty much intact, I just need the prongs and spring so that it clicks shut.
            I'm not sure about that. I never saw anything like that there. But there maybe.

Comment

When you guys get fixed up, remember to squeeze the lock as you close it. Just slamming it destroys the pot-metal scissor thing inside the lock. I went through a half-dozen of these before I started "The Squeeze".

Comment

actually I could get by with just the pot-metal scissor things, the ear is broke off one of those and the glovebox falls open. I don't care if it has or doesn't have the key...if someone wants something they're gonna take it anyways. But either the whole latch or just the pot-metal scissor things will do. Email nfld_josh@hotmail.com if one of you guys comes up with something. Thanks in advance.
                Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
                Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I pulled the glovebox off my parts car ('85 TC) before I junked it, intending to replace mine ('88 TC) with it because it doesn't have the peeled vinyl on the top. I could take a look at it and see if I can get the latch out.

Comment

It's only a c-clip on the back of the glovebox door. You can slide it out with your fingers, no tools required. If you could get it off there CheeseSteak, shoot me an email and we'll work out the details about me buying it from you.

Comment

I guess that's taken care of, does anybody else need a glovebox latch?

Comment

Vic ones are the same. I have a Vic one on my car. The color part also comes off, its just a little plastic cap that snaps onto it. Mine also broke the stupid scissor dealie, and I had a spare blue Vic one laying around for some reason. Popped the grey cover off mine and voila. Wasn't worried about the key since I didn't have a working key for mine anyway.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                          I guess that's taken care of, does anybody else need a glovebox latch?
                          I still need the latch. I thought I was gonna hear from CheeseSteak but I didn't. If you want email me a price and shipping details and I'll buy it form you, as long as the price is reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by nfldfordltd View Post
                            I still need the latch. I thought I was gonna hear from CheeseSteak but I didn't. If you want email me a price and shipping details and I'll buy it form you, as long as the price is reasonable.
                            I'm still here, man. I just pulled the glovebox out of the back of my car today. I have the latch right here with a matching key. Just been kinda busy trying to adapt a fuel pump to a bracket it wasn't made to fit into.

Comment

Email me, Jim, with a reasonable price and I'll take it. what kinda fuel pump you been fiddlin around with?

Comment

Working...
                              X