what to do with the cruise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what to do with the cruise?

I want to put my Grant wood grain wheel on soon, and idk what to do with the cruise control. What would you guys recommend?

Someone here moved the buttons into the dash and it looked pretty slick.
    The wiring shouldn't be too hard, you will have to do some homework and crimping because you will be eliminating the clock-spring connection (or whatever our old school equivalent of a clock-spring is)
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

hav24wheel did it.
      I just looked at his page in readers rides though and all the pics are gone.
      Former panther owner
      1981 CV 351 4bbl
      1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

That is a shame because it looked neato!
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

wiring is not a problem, a good friend of mine down the street is an electrician for Aberdeen Proving Grounds and my dad has a lot of experience in that area too. I just dont know where to move it to.

Edit: well yea the dash or somethin but whats the hook up going to look like, its not like theres a spot made for it.
          Last edited by insomniac391; 03-21-2010, 03:50 PM.

Comment

attached are two possible locations
            Attached Files
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              attached are two possible locations
              ohhh thats good, i didnt think id be able to keep the buttons from my steering wheel, i though i was going to need a new switch and mounting area.

Comment

hav24wheel used the stock buttons and mounted them on the CV speedo bezel. I dont know how he went about securing them but it was factory looking for sure.
                ~David~

Comment

Grant used to make a kit

Comment

Originally posted by jayh View Post
                    Grant used to make a kit
                    they do, I don't know that part number off the top of my head, but it integrates new buttons that are just below the steering wheel. IIRC, hav24wheel just took the buttons out of the steering wheel, put them below the Spedo, and just spliced them into the wires, leaving the wires in the steering column.
                    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

I moved mine to where the power antenna switch is. Its a toggle setup so one side is on the other is set/accel so you switch it to set then back to on.
                      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
                        I moved mine to where the power antenna switch is. Its a toggle setup so one side is on the other is set/accel so you switch it to set then back to on.
                        Do you have pics? I'm really interested in seeing this set up.

Comment

Yeah, I'll snap a pic for ya.
                          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Working...
                          X