Pillar gauge pods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pillar gauge pods

Are there any dual a-pillar gauge pods that fit on box bodies? Fox body Mustang perhaps?

So far my initial searching turns up dmccaig, I found 4 posts (3 from his old username) but I wasn't able to track down the pictures that are said to exist somewhere.
    What he has is for a T-bird, lightly heated to fit. He can probably explain better so here's a link to his most recent post on the subject: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post720969
    Last edited by VicCrownVic; 08-11-2014, 11:17 PM.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I got a universal pod and heated it to fit the pillar cover.
      1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackVic_P71 View Post
        I got a universal pod and heated it to fit the pillar cover.
        Have any pics? How well does it fit? I don't mind using heat at all, I just don't want to buy something that's totally different and can't be reshaped to fit.

Comment

I can get some tomorrow, it's not perfect but will do the job

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Pick up a sunpro gauge cage. That is what I used. I then meticulously shaped it on a scrap pillar and then trimmed any edges on the pod so it would fit right. Used a screw in each corner and silicone to secure it to the good a pillar trim. Once the silicone cured (mega strong bond BTW once cured..I used regular black permatex) I removed the screws and in its places popped in hole covers that I found in bathroom cabinet display models. I painted them black so They blend right in.

These are the ones I have made.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Just holding it
              Molded to the pillar cover

Comment

Not bad. Looks like it's a tad small width wise though. Doesn't cover the whole width of the pillar.

87gtVIC what size gauge do those Sunpros fit?

Comment

That's a mid progress pic, I'll get one as it is now.
                  It comes almost all the way to both sides when formed to the pillar.

Comment

my problem is that I need a single 2-5/8 pod for my 93... best looking option so far may be a 93 lightning pod.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                      my problem is that I need a single 2-5/8 pod for my 93... best looking option so far may be a 93 lightning pod.
                      I used a Marauder gauge pod in my 96' molded with a help of a heat gun. It fit nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                        Not bad. Looks like it's a tad small width wise though. Doesn't cover the whole width of the pillar.

87gtVIC what size gauge do those Sunpros fit?
                        2 1/16" gauges. No idea if larger sizes are available through sunpro. The sunpro gauge cages give you plenty of area to work with....trim to fit in the end.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                          I used a Marauder gauge pod in my 96' molded with a help of a heat gun. It fit nicely.
                          that would be fine if I had a 2-1/16 gauge... but I have a 2-5/8 gauge and can't find a SINGLE pod for that. I can find triple pods with 2 smaller and one larger, but not just the single.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

In case this comes up in a search, the one I made fit over the stock A-pillar cover by heating it was replaced by another that I made with fiberglass and a universal 3 gauge pod cut up.

Comment

Nice work!

Any other pictures of your car??
                              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Working...
                              X