Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found an '83 Lincoln Mark VI...... Should I buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Caddy is 4 1/2 hours away from me. But from the pics I have of it it looks MINT. It's a rare triple white d'Elegance with blue dash and carpeting. And I has fold ornamentation. I've been searching for one of these for years! I have a triple black 91 with gold ornamentation. I want to have opposite twins! And I know the caddies way more than the Lincolns. I've had 7 broughams over the years and I have enough parts in my basement to build another! But still thinkin about that Lincoln..... Those conti front ends are soo sexy!

Comment

My reason for not buying the Caddy would be that 1) its white, and 2) already have one. I don't like white cars, and I figure I don't need double the headaches by owning 2 of the same thing. I just know the same things would be broken on both at the same time and it would drive me batty.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

hhhmmm... that sounds like a tough one. If I was in your shoes, Id get the caddy in that case. It's something rare/specific you definitely want, and it's something you know and are well prepared to fix. Unless you have a little excess time and money to learn about and fund a new strange & unusual yet potentially exciting project
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Ok well the deal for the triple white brougham fell through. Turns out it had a salvage title. But I also just found a 1995 Caprice wagon with 58k miles on it. It is black without wood panels. It is mint!!! By far the cleanest wagon I have ever seen in person. Asking $4k for it. think I'm gonna go this route. Illl never find another like it. But still considering that Lincoln. If he goes down a little I might snag it and store it.

Comment

Working...
          X