No announcement yet.

The 89 CV LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took the car to the track Wednesday. Ran twice.
    First run I was power braking like I usually do, but the tires starting spinning as soon as the lights dropped. I ended up spinning the tires and running a 10.65
    Second run I just put it to the floor at the last yellow, and ran a 10.47
    I was kinda hoping for a little faster times, but oh well, it's a good baseline I guess.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
      HPP's.
      Their the best stock panther rim ever hands down.
      Indeed! I do kinda like LX sport wheels too...

you got another good buy there!!
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Nice CV!!! Too bad about the '92 (at least you help the lettuce grow now), meh, boxes are better anyways:p. Watchya got planned for the '89?

Packman

Comment

As of now not much. It really needs some FRPP headers and a mustang H-pipe though. I have a feeling the 90TC manifolds are really holding it back. A 10.45 is about a 16.3 so I hope I can cut that down a little.
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I am so jealous. Beautiful car!
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

So I've done some work on this thing so far.

First off, the radio backlight was burned out making it hard to read what station your on. Easy enough fix. My parts radio also had a bum light, but luckily my spare Maxima cluster had just the right bulb.

Next I added a tach. Wasn't to sure where to put it, so for the time being this works out well.

The car had some really nice electric fans, and a nice fan controller. Well the controller decided to eat shit and die 50miles form my house in a traffic jam. Fuck you electric fans.
              I stripped the fan, shroud, shroud clips and other misc. items from my 91 and went back to the tried and true mechanical fan.

This allowed me to significantly clean up the under-hood wiring, and while I was at it I did the headlight relay upgrade, and replaced the lights with SilverStars. Also moved the fuse for the 3g alternator, and upgraded the wiring.

It looks pretty clean now, really need to paint the upper intake and some other stuff. Also ditched the cheesebox air box that was in it.

Last but not least I gave it the raccoon treatment. The paint was badly faded on the bezels so I really had no choice.

Comment

looks great zach I take it you just swap your tags from car to car when your not driving one or the other? the new newyork tags suck by the way plain yellow ugly looking.

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                  looks great zach I take it you just swap your tags from car to car when your not driving one or the other? the new newyork tags suck by the way plain yellow ugly looking.
                  Ya, I can only afford to keep 2 cars on the road so I just switch the pates. The 89 will stay on all year (but not be driven in the snow obviously) and the wagon and my Maxima share plates. Wagon in the summer, Maxima in the winter. If I ever get around to fixing my 91 back up (which at this rate the opposite is happening) it will be my winter car.

Took the car to the track again. Did slightly better. 10.24, 10.23 with my buddy in the car, and a 10.11 solo. This was with 1/2 tank of 87, spare tire, jack, 4-way, and other garbage, and some tools from work in the car. There's room for improvement still.

Comment

I like the Racoon treatment, however I would have used a dark gray color for a little less contrast.

sounds like you are making progress at the drag strip, I never ran the car, so I was curious what it would run.

Btw... check you PM's
                    2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                    89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                    88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

It was dead Saturday after 3, like every Saturday (although from 7-3 it's retarded busy) so I decided to give it a good once over and take some pics.

Busy as hell.

My poor scissor lift dislikes panthers.

Tranny and p/s coolers.

Oil cooler and a nice fresh 300.

Underdrive pulley.

98-02 front brakes

Rear discs.

Deliciously clean floor pans and factory duals.

I was going to take more pictures but my phone died.
                      Last edited by pantera77; 10-20-2010, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Lookin Good.. I as well have Deliciousy clean floor pans

Comment

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
                          Lookin Good.. I as well have Deliciousy clean floor pans
                          X3...
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Bah, sleepy panthers are sleepy.

Still thinking of buying these this spring.

Comment

damn...wish i had a shop like that. i could be busy working on my lincoln.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post

Still thinking of buying these this spring.
                                ...can I have the old ones?
                                Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                                New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Working...
                                X