Opera lights...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opera lights...

Forgive me if its been asked before, i did a search with no desired results.

How do i get the cover off of the opera light on my '91 GM? i lightly pulled/pried on them a little bit but didnt want to break it, and since im asking, what kind of bulb do they take?
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis

they have opera lights? I thought only Lincolns had that.

if you mean in the door armrest... remove the screws that hold the panel on (4 phillips screws on the bottom) and then once you have that off it's a twist lock. that's a 194 blade size bulb. I've currently got a 912 in one of them. as long as the bulb will fit in that socket and allow it to be put back in, it will work. I'm not real sure what the actual bulb is supposed to be though. 194 to be safe.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I assume by opera lights you mean the opera/coach lamps in the b pillar between the front and back doors. If so the square piece of chrome at the top and bottom of the lights will pop off with a screwdriver (careful not to break them though). Underneath will be two screws one at the top and one at the bottom. Removing those will give you access to the bulbs though im not sure what size they are.
      2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
        I assume by opera lights you mean the opera/coach lamps in the b pillar between the front and back doors. If so the square piece of chrome at the top and bottom of the lights will pop off with a screwdriver (careful not to break them though). Underneath will be two screws one at the top and one at the bottom. Removing those will give you access to the bulbs though im not sure what size they are.

^This

Bulb is a 194.

Comment

heh... the limo lights as I like to call them (B-pillar accent lights)

When I hear opera lights, I think of the little lights in the rear windows of the Lincolns.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Fun fact - the box vics that had the full vinyl roofs with a similar B-pillar exterior light actually used an electro-luminescent (EL) panel that runs on high voltage, I want to say 1,000 or so. I was pulling some interior B-pillars out of one and was puzzled by the little box I found labeled "Warning, high voltage" lol...
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

ooo... WANT! (just the high voltage stuffs)

Comment

Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
                Awesome, thanks for the info everyone!
                1991 Mercury Grand Marquis

Comment

Working...
                X