nOOb from SW Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nOOb from SW Ohio

Hey everyone, my name is Ron, and I'm a Panther car noob.

I just bought my car last week and I'm pretty tickled to find this site. I've been lurking around here for a couple of days and finally decided today to sack up and join. So about my car... She's a completely stock, Spruce Green Metallic 2000 Grand Marquis GS. I bought from a local dealership with 131,800 miles, new tires, a new starter, and nice shiney paint. I searched all over for just the right car, and apart from being the wrong color (I really wanted red), this is exactly what I was looking for! She really seems to run great, and seems to really eat up the road miles, making my 35 minute commute just fly by. I'm looking forward to learning more about my car, and getting to know some other MGM enthusiasts!

So without further ado, here's my car... Be gentle!

Sitting in the dealership's delivery area...

A couple of days later, I did my own clean up job and snapped a couple pics after work. This one is my favorite.

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis GS HPP - SOLD
    Wore out the cam chain tensioners and jumped time at 176k miles.

Awesome car, mang, you even have the Ride and Handling package (dual exhaust with more horsepower, cop/air suspension, quick ratio steering box/// or someone just swapped over the lacy-spoke exclusive rims onto that GS) And I wouldn't call that a green, the '94 I used to own was a Hunter Green color, that's more of a Graphite color, though it may have a greenish tint to it in the full light. I've got a '99 LS (w/239k) I need to get some pics up, keep up with the maintenance and she'll last for. ever.
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

oi nice car mang im in morrow/cincy area so if you need any help let me know oh and welcome to GMN!
      89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

I like!

Does it have a digital dash?

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I like!

Does it have a digital dash?

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

A ride fit for a King!
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

nice gmq!

welcome to gmn!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone! I've wanted one of these 98+ panther cars for a long time, but the car and the money haven't come together until now. Because I've wanted one for so long, I had a pretty good idea what I wanted in the car. The HPP option was a must! I plan on loosening up the exhaust a little bit, and I have some cosmetic mods planned, but nothing crazy. She is my DD after all!

Zoomie: Where exactly are you? I have a Morrow address in Hamilton Twp. Small world!

85crownHPP: No digital dash. GS trim level, so cloth interior, manual HVAC controls, manual passenger seat. It's good though, less electronic crap to go wrong!

Comment

Welcome. Nice ride.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Ziggy you have a pm
                    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Welcome to the Party!!

-ryan s.
                      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                      Originally posted by pantera77
                      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Nice car welcome to gmn

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggy View Post
                          Thanks for the welcomes, everyone! I've wanted one of these 98+ panther cars for a long time, but the car and the money haven't come together until now. Because I've wanted one for so long, I had a pretty good idea what I wanted in the car. The HPP option was a must! I plan on loosening up the exhaust a little bit....
                          Welcome!!
                          Nice Car! Does it have a single or dual exhaust pipes?? What is the axle code on the door?? ABS or traction control? Does it have conventional springs or air shocks in the rear?

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
                            Welcome!!
                            Nice Car! Does it have a single or dual exhaust pipes?? What is the axle code on the door?? ABS or traction control? Does it have conventional springs or air shocks in the rear?

Very nice car, I like the color..
                            Question i have is with 131k on it do you know if the timing chain guides were done?
                            If not i would make that your first thing you do..It isn't that expensive but if you don't do it, it will...
                            Just so you know..

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
                            Ram AIR,NGK V-Power Plugs, K&N, 3.73 posi, sct tuner, J-Mod, 75 mm Throttle Body & Plenium, 80 mm maf, Mercury Marauder Airbox, Homemade air tube, BBK Shorty's, X-pipe, High Flow cats, 2.5 inch exhaust, dynotune by HUTTER PERFORMANCE 236RWHP / 277TQ

LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY AND IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER, TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT, SHOUTING “HOLY SHIT....WHAT A RIDE!"

Comment

To answer a few questions, it has no ABS, nor traction control, it does have the air spring rear suspension, the axle code on the door tag reads R2 which appears to be a conventional (open) 3.55. I don't know about the timing chain tensioners, plan on taking it in to Ford with the VIN to see if I can pull any service records on it. I do have the original owner's books with the salesman's card inside, so it appears to have been a 1 owner car, but no Carfax to confirm.

Comment

Working...
                              X