Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rest in peace my dear friend

April 5th, 2012...last time my baby was alive
    I was pulled over on the side of the freeway on the emergency lane. Popped the hood b/c i had just changed the radiator and saw some steam/smoke come from under it. Pulled over right away and checked it. It was some excess water that was hitting the headers. Closed the hood and thats when i saw the set of headlights heading straight towards me at full speed. Ran in the opposite direction and then i heard the truck hit my car and a very short time after my car hit me. Threw me and i hit the ground..got up and kept running b/c my car was on fire...and it eventually blew up. I had lacerations all over my body, road rash everywhere, broken fingers on my right arm, and spine trauma. The other motorist........a twisted ankle, why? B/c she was driving drunk...fuckin ridiculous. And well here she lays at the police storage facility

Here are the pics...
    Attached Files

Comment

Glad you are okay but I am sorry for your loss.

You can rest assured that all of us here grieve with you.

Rest is Peace faithful steed.
      1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

holy shit. Be damn glad you weren't in the car at the time or you'd probably be a lot worse off than you are.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

sorry to hear man. dam drunk drivers!!
          1984 mercury grand marquis ls rebuilt 306 flat top pistons with factory cfi and lincoln headers with single glasspack dual snorkle air cleaner. Gloss black paint with slick top coversion.
          1986 mercury grand marquis colony park 5.0 sefi dual exhuast thrush turbos with h pipe and turbines

Comment

Sorry to here about the ride and glad to hear you faired ok all things considered!!!that was a sweet ride!!hope they lock her up an throw away the for panther murder!!!
            '88' MGM wagon (mine and my sons toy)
            "60" chrysler New Yorker (my project)
            "78" Chevy 1 Ton P/U (yard horse)
            "01" Ford Explorer (wifes DD)
            "93" Chevy Suburban (my DD)

Comment

Again, glad you were not in the car. Must have been scary as hell. Glad you are okay and able to talk about it.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Damn. That is crazy. Glad you are ok. That's the main concern.
                Your vic looked amazing!!

-ryan s.
                08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                Originally posted by pantera77
                Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

I hope they throw the book at that drunk driver... that was one of THE best looking vics ever!

Glad you're ok mang. +1 on not being in the car. That's insane damage.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your car mang hope you get better soon. Stupid ass drunk drivers putting lives at risk what the fuck is wrong with people. Hope shes paying all your medical bills

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Damn...! yeah I hope they have good insurance. I'm glad you weren't in it!!!!!
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

mother of god.

i hope the lady who killed your car gets punished as hard as possible judicially. shit, you oughta sue.

Comment

provide her insurance with as many receipts as you can for all the mods on that car down to the smallest bolt and tell them to add that to the value of the car.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

That sucks mang, but I'm glad you're ok!! As much as we love our cars they can be replaced, even if the replacement just isn't the same. We can learn to love again!
                            What's important now is that you fully recover and that the drunk gets everthing
                            and more of what coming to her.

Sorry, I know how it feels to loose a panther!

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                              hope shes paying all your medical bills!
                              *bump*
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                              X