No announcement yet.

FS: 1990 GM LS: 83,000 Miles, Cold A/C, Fresh VA Insp. No OD, Very Clean $2,495

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1990 GM LS: 83,000 Miles, Cold A/C, Fresh VA Insp. No OD, Very Clean $2,495

For 50 more pictures CLICK HERE: http://www.fototime.com/inv/90799A52D7CD1A0

This is a 1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS finished in Light Titanium Pearl Metallic with the Platinum interior. It’s powered by Ford’s nearly bulletproof 5.0L V8 engine that has powered everything from Mustang GT sports cars to Lincoln luxury cars. It provides brisk acceleration like that of the Mustang while feeling whipped cream smooth like that of a Town Car. The engine is a simple OHV pushrod design that is easy to service and the parts costs are low. It has developed a transmission problem that is detailed further in the description and is the reason the price is discounted here. It’s been a lady owned Virginia car for the last 5 years. CLICK HERE to see the title. http://www.fileden.com/files/2011/9/...LS%20title.pdf

This Grand Marquis LS is fully equipped with all the desirable safety, comfort and convenience features and equipment including:

5.0L V8 engine
    Automatic transmission
    Air conditioning with automatic climate control
    Power windows
    Power door locks
    Power mirrors
    Premium tufted velour upholstery
    50/50 split bench comfort lounge seats
    6-way power drivers seat
    Driver and passenger seat recliners
    Dual front center armrests
    Seatback map pockets
    Factory AM/FM cassette stereo with Premium Audio package
    Power antenna
    Digital clock
    Intermittent wipers
    Color-keyed 4 spoke luxury steering wheel
    Tilt steering wheel
    Cruise control with steering wheel mounted switches
    Airbag
    Tinted glass
    Front cornering lights
    Illuminated entry system
    Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors
    Padded half vinyl roof
    Clearcoat paint
    Turbine spoke aluminum wheels
    White wall tires
    Full size spare tire
    Front bumper guards
    Rear bumper guards
    Rear window defroster
    Rear seat center armrest
    Power trunk lid release

The car is in very nice condition inside and out. The body is very straight and has no dents and the metallic paint in this shade of silver looks fantastic and just about shimmers in the sunlight. The paint itself has just been cleaned with Meguiar’s Smooth Surface Clay System, polished with Meguiar’s Mirror Glaze cleaner polish and topped off with Meguiar’s Synthetic Sealant for a high gloss shine. The padded half vinyl roof was cleaned with Meguiar’s Super Cleaner and coated with Por-Glo top dressing for a deep luster that will last a full year. The chrome on the bumpers is beautiful and the moldings and rub strips are very nice. The interior is great as well with no rips tears or stains on the carpet, upholstery or headliner. There is barely any wear on the fabric, and rear seat doesn’t look like it was ever used.

Mechanically it runs and drives great with the exception that the overdrive in the transmission isn’t working. If you drive just around town it shouldn’t be a problem since overdrive doesn’t engage normally until 40 to 45 mph anyway. You’ve got a few options as I see it. First option is to drive it the way it is if your driving is similar to what was just described. As long as you don’t have to go much above 50 mph for long periods of time, you should be OK. Second option is to see if it can be fixed inexpensively. You might try and change the fluid and filter to see if that helps. One tech suggested it might just be a bad shift solenoid which is a pretty simple repair. Third option if you can do the work yourself, is a used transmission from a pick&pull junkyard for about $100. This is assuming you have the ability to remove and install a transmission or know or someone that can at a low price. If these options don’t look viable to you, you may want to skip this car because the alterative is a rebuilt transmission which probably isn’t worth spending the money on for a lower priced car like this.

Most everything else I checked mechanically works fine on the car except the front power door locks don’t work. All the power windows work, the 6-way power seat works all 6 ways, the radio and power antenna work, the cruise control works and the A/C blows nice and cold. The engine pulls strong and feels smooth both while accelerating as well as cruising. The steering wheel is on dead center going down the road with no shakes or vibrations at speed, the brakes are firm with no pedal pulsations or pulling to one side when stopping, and the suspension is tight. All four tires have very good tread while the spare tire is full size and looks like new. The car has a fresh April 2013 Virginia state inspection sticker.

This car would be great just the way it is for a number of drivers. For a new teen who just got their license it would be ideal for the first year of driving. Being an older and more conservative car, the insurance will be cheap. It’s large and thus an inherently safe car especially with an airbag, plus you just about guaranty they won’t be speeding. For a more experienced teenage driver who has gotten a few tickets and maybe even wrecked a car before, a mandatory one year ride in this car will teach them patience and respect. For a senior citizen that only needs to get to church on Sundays or to the grocery store and doctors appointment during the week, they would love the smooth ride and ease of entry with the comfortable split bench seat. And last but not least, everybody knows how rugged these cars are with it’s sister model, the Crown Victoria being American’s most popular police car, this car would be ideal for a taxi driver in the city or a private security company.

The cost new back in 1990 for this fully equipped LS model was over $21,000! To see the original pricing CLICK HERE: http://www.fileden.com/files/2011/9/...ew%20price.pdf While it may be a stretch calling this car a classic just yet, but because of the low mileage and clean condition, the NADA retail value on one without a transmission issue is over $5,000. CLICK HERE to see the Blue Book pricing: http://www.fileden.com/files/2011/9/...DA%20price.pdf I have the price at less than half that amount!

The car is stored at a warehouse in Fredericksburg VA. If you would like to see the car, please let me know a day in advance as it takes me an hour to get there. If you can’t pick up the car after purchase, you can keep it stored for $5 a day.
    Last edited by atikovi; 05-07-2012, 09:11 PM.

hmmmmm spam i yam?
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

hmmmmm spam i yam? not only are the cluthcbands toast but i f i had that kind of dough to buy a car i know certain 92 mgm i want lolz
      89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Spam? This IS the classified ad section isn't it? And there ARE people that like the older models.

Comment

Yes this is the classified section, the OD clutches do tend to be an issue with the aod as well. Being that the aod is a non electronic trans. im pretty sure it has shift servos not solenoids though i am not positive. Even so you can get a known good aod pretty cheap. Now on a side note I bought my very near mint 88 grand marquis last summer with 82k miles for $1300, right now in todays market $1000-$1500 is about what the low mileage nice ones are going for. Im not saying you wont get $2500 but it may be harder to sell and take longer to find a buyer at that price.
          2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

It has developed a transmission problem that is detailed further in the description and is the reason the price is discounted here
            Yes, the car was driven with a broken TV grommet. More AOD's have been cooked this way than burgers on a grill.

Nice car there, but IMHO its too nice to try and sell with a bad tranny. Good luck with the sale.
            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
              if i had that kind of dough to buy a car i know certain 92 mgm i want lolz
              mine!!!

Comment

I bought a very clean (8.5 out of 10) 1990 Grand Marquis, rust free, paint still glossy, interior perfect w/69,000 miles in Durham, NC for $1500. Your price is way high my friend. Round these parts, you'd be lucky to get $1000.
                95 DGM Impala SS, 383, LT4 cnc heads, LT4 matched intake, Holley 58 mm t/body, GM 846 cam, GMPP 1.5 rr's, F-body MAF, BH OBD I PCM, LT4 knock module, K&N cold air, Edelbrock headers, Flowmaster exhaust, BBHP #73 6-speed, 4:10 gear, sloted and drilled rotors, Z28 cluster
                96 Buick Roadmaster Limited Wagon, mostly stock
                77 Ford F150, 400M auto, longbed
                98 Suburban LS 5.7L Vortec, stock
                90 Grand Marquis, stock

Comment

Originally posted by alchemist View Post
                  I bought a very clean (8.5 out of 10) 1990 Grand Marquis, rust free, paint still glossy, interior perfect w/69,000 miles in Durham, NC for $1500. Your price is way high my friend. Round these parts, you'd be lucky to get $1000.
                  Agreed - Now when I said that I was scheduled for execution!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

they still go for that down here... but need the OD to be intact unless you find a buyer that's really in love with that car.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

For around 250 for a junkyard transmission and 350 for install, it may be worth putting a good AOD in the car before you try to sell it, if you have the money.
                      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Interested parties only please. PM the owner any advice you guys may wish to add please.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Best of luck on the sale!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

That price isn't carved in stone ya know. A friend says if it runs through a dealer auction as is it will bring near $2K less the fees.

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                            For around 250 for a junkyard transmission and 350 for install, it may be worth putting a good AOD in the car before you try to sell it, if you have the money.
                            $105 around here at a pick & pull and nothing if I install it. Maybe as a last resort.

Comment

If you can get one that cheap, and do it yourself, I'd go ahead and do it, you'll get that back in the sale. "Bad transmission" is a sale price killer. There is no shift solenoid in a AOD, no easy fix, if it ran without the TV cable grommet for any time the thing is doomed anyway.
                              If it's as cherry as it sounds, he could get 'close' to that asking price from somebody looking for one that nice.
                              I'd pay that, for a cherry 2-door
                              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                              sigpic
                              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                              X