Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temporary "sale" for my 1987 Tudor that's for sale

All,

Ok, the main thread with all the pics and everything is here.

Here's the clincher. Right now, for some completely arbitrary amount of time, I am pricing it at $3800 FIRM... ONLY for people who get in touch through here, whether it's a member looking for it for themselves, or a member contacting me on behalf of someone else. I'm going to look slightly in askance if it's a member who joined after I posted this, though!

Everything's about the same as in the original posting, except that I have a full factory-type exhaust system, not installed. The only things missing are a left muffler hanger, left tailpipe hangar, and the muffler clamps.

Debating turning it into a daily driver, but I'd prefer NOT to do that really. Hence the "on sale this week/fortnight/whatever" right now.

Any takers?
    1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2-door Coupe - perpetually "sort of" for sale...
    Black with Red cloth (velour?) interior.
    Purchased on 10/10/2008, with only 70,386 original miles, and only ONE previous owner.
    Reader's Ride post, First pic with "new" rims, Other pics with "new" rims

I'd recommend driving it. That's what it was built for. I enjoy driving mine every day.

Comment

3,800 is just a tad optimistic in this market and this economy...
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I was actually thinking that perhaps the truth of 85crownHPPs post makes ford man's post the way to go...

(ooh, and I should've said full factory type DUAL exhaust system, but I figured people might assume that already)
        Purchased on 10/10/2008, with only 70,386 original miles, and only ONE previous owner.

Comment

Really nice tudor... Id love to take it off your hands! If only... GLWS!

Trade?

Comment

Well, I might consider a partial trade.... can't remember the details for the life of me on your car, though, other than knowing that you sent me that info once...

Comment

Originally posted by King_V View Post
              Well, I might consider a partial trade.... can't remember the details for the life of me on your car, though, other than knowing that you sent me that info once...
              Sadly, Hank departed my care last summer- Kicking myself for that one, and mad that i passed on the chance to get him back in august.

Now have a '98 SVT Contour, but would like to get back into a panther.

Comment

Ah, bummer.... Hank! Right, now I remember (and now I see the subtle name on the wall in the photo!) - had 3.27s if I remember, right?

Comment

Keep your car. Even if you have to store it somewhere. If memory serves me right (which sadly it doesn't these days), your CV was in good shape last time I saw it (last year). Get some POS for a DD and work on and/or cruise the CV with classic plates/insurance. Daily driving that car or any nice car in NJ is a death sentence.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by King_V View Post
                    Ah, bummer.... Hank! Right, now I remember (and now I see the subtle name on the wall in the photo!) - had 3.27s if I remember, right?
                    Yup! Miss him now- even with a sporty car that gets 30mpg+, I want him back.

Comment

And that is definitely pushing me more in the direction of turning my Tudor into a "daily driver classic" - I've occasionally found myself hunting for classics and thinking "that might make a nice daily driver" . . .

Then having to come to my senses and say to myself - I've got a pretty cool looking "classic" coupe, with some of the modern amenities already - SEFI, fantastically freezing AC already converted to R134a, overdrive, reasonable fuel economy, etc.

Yep, I'm thinking more and more that I should:
                      - Take care of the exhaust
                      - Get it inspected
                      - Get lugnuts that won't rust after a single rainstorm (screw you, Dorman!)
                      - Do the PCV valve - I'm pretty sure it's the factory original
                      - Clean it, including claybar/polish/wax
                      - Drive it every day

Comment

If it won't break your "bank" to keep, it Iwould! Most of the ones (like on EBAY) are "mint" and then they tell you the 20 or 30 things wrong with them. At least you know what you have!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                        X