Adding LED coach lights to CV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding LED coach lights to CV?

Once i get my '91 CV home, and the wife stops complaining, i thought about adding coach lights from a Marq to it, but using LEDs. How much of a pain is it and has anyone tried it? I know itll take some drilling, but ive always liked coach lights. I think they add a classy touch. And i like LEDs, but ive never messed with them. Will i need to add relays or anything?
    1992 SHO(what's left of it)
    1986 F-150(rust and option free)
    1950 Studebaker pickup(moves-kinda, stops-no)
    1987 T-bird(dead 3.wait, SHO swap in store)
    1991 CV $500 cream puffF

I think you'll need to cut holes in the b-pillars too to install those lights... but you can just put an LED bulb right in them. Depending on how the socket is oriented in the lamp, I just bought some that would work great. Its a flat 'chip' style bulb with all the LEDs directed to shine out 90 degrees from just one side. Only thing with those is you have to hope the polarity is right in the socket, since they only work one way. If its not, its not gonna do much good shining at the b-pillar, lol
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

i got white LEDs in my mercs coach lamps. looks good. i dont think i could own a vehicle without coach lamps lol. they are just so classy.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
      X