Relay rewiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relay rewiring question

Today I swapped a 90 town car inner fender, shroud, washer and coolant bottles into my 85. I also put an air tube from an 05 PI on too.

It's all on but I need to clean my old wiring up. I would like to take my old EEC, fuel pump, and WOT relays (old style) and rewire them to use these newer relays included with the 90 TC fender well.

That way I can get all the wiring neatly into this box

I've seen this done on some of your boxes here, I'm just not sure which terminals wire to which on the newer relays.

Thanks!
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

the cheater way is to just take the existing relays, use a zip tie to bind them together, and just jam them into the later style covering. If you get the wiring to lay right it looks like like late style stuff but requires no actual wiring work.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I first did it the cheater way but then went back a year later to do it the way you are trying to do. It was so long ago that I did that but I know an EVTM was involved (always gotta have the manual) and I think some of the colors were actually the same.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yeah, I doubt anyone knows those wires by heart. I'd find both years' EVTMs, or if you are feeling really brave, it may be possible to 'figure it out'
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Yeah I've got my EVTM's (85/88) but I don't wanna buy a 90 TC one for this one thing. I may try to figure it out because I'm sure I can find schematics of how each type of relays work, then just piece it together... But the cheater way is fool proof and a quick way to get the wires outta the way. Thanks guys
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

Working...
          X