hood ornamate restoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hood ornamate restoring

dose anyone know of anything i can buy to fill the chips in the plastic on my hood ornmate and are the plastic pices removeable so i can transfer them over to a nother hood ornamete.

mine didn't have the plastic chips and i think it looks fine. just pop yours out and leave them out.

Comment

Man! Your hood ornment comes with plastic is VERY RARE!!!! Its hard to find a nice hood ornment with clean plastic...its nearly impossbile!!
      1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
      1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
      1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
      1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

I tried to pop the plastic out of an LTD ornament and it just crumbled the plastic and broke the ornament
        I would watch ebay for NOS ornament, thats what I got, but no inserts came with it
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Thats the first one i've seen with plastic

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
          1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
          1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

hey dave was that hood ornament on your car when you bought the car?

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

no i pulled it off a '79 that was at the wreckers that i work at, the car was actualy alredy flattend down and under some other cars so getting it off wasent to easy but i was determind to get it off so with a lot of screwin around i got it

Comment

Working...
              X