Help Me Decide what color to Paint my Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you want some?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Oooohhh.... not yet, but I'll keep it in mind!

Didn't Oxford White come in several different shades, or does it just look that different depending on how it's mixed and sprayed?
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Oxford white is available on new ford trucks, and perhaps even cars. Blue is better than the the dark gray, IMO. I like white the best though.

We just painted some of my brother's car with bc/cc. I'm not really a fan of this set up. I like the single stage better myself. I personally find it easier to make it shine. I guess maybe bc/cc is better for color sanding though.
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
          shit i got more white paint here than i know what to do with......imron and centari
          ford white, gm white, fleet white, oxford white, equipment grey, schoolbus yellow....
          Just out of curiosity, do you paint cars at Skippyville?

Comment

I'm pretty sure mine is gonna be the guniea (sp?) pig...
            '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

guinea. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guinea_%28British_coin%29

Guinea pig (cavia porcellus), said to be so called as a result of having once been commonly sold for the sum of one guinea.

Comment

hey thanks.....
                '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Sure thing! Need any more useless factoids to impress your friends with?

Comment

Midnight Blue w/ Pearl.....my opinion tho...wanting to get either that or black/white-black/pink on mine in high gloss, slicked up 50's style...
                    sigpic1991 Crown Vic 351w 5.8L

Comment

Originally posted by capridrifter View Post
                      Have you heard of Factory 5 Racing? you can get a "kit" that uses all the fox mustang parts and with a 5.0 HO STOCK you can out run a 427 cobra....Amazing! the cost of the "kit" is 13,000 + the cost of the doner GT mustang.

.....and it's also a turd that is difficult to assemble. So far as outrunning a 427 Cobra with a stock 5.0 equipped FF cobra? Nah. I have ridden in a 427 S/C Cobra, have driven a 5.0 FF....not even close.

Go with the blue, it will blend better with the tan/beige interior, gunmetal won't.

Black?
                      Never again will I stray down that path.

Comment

yea, black is hard to take care of...only looks good when it's squeaky clean...shows every morsel of dirt...but for a summer/weekend hto rod...I would do it...but that blue will look even better!
                        sigpic
                        1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Yea,I had actually decided to go with Deep Wedgewood Blue awhile back,over gunmetal.FYI:The interior is Brown,which is actually the color interior that I wanted in one of these cars.

The paintjob has been delayed until summer/fall 08.The guy who owns the paint booth,and was supposed to give me booth time mid October,is now saying he is backed up with projects until at least Feb of 08,understandable as he is an awesome painter and artist.So I told him not to worry about it,and I'll just see him next summer,which is the best time to paint a car.

Painting outside here is not an option,as I have neighbors fairly close with children,and it would only take for the wind to blow in the right direction and the toxic cocktail of paint fumes would be inside of their house.If they called the cops after said infraction,then I would be in deep S^&*.I've heard of it happening to people several times.

Anyways,It will give me more time to get the body as close to Perfection as possible,work all the dings out,etc.I've been working the fitament of all the body panels lately,factory just wasen't close enough for me on 80% of this car.I just re-aligned the hood last week and got it to sit perfectly flush with the Front Clip,making the lines flow seamlessly.She's on her way,it's only a matter of time now.

Comment

Working...
                          X