1982 LTD Wagon "Ole Rusty" *DUW*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 LTD Wagon "Ole Rusty" *DUW*

Finally got a station wagon for a spare car today. Its an '82 CV, though its not badged "crown victoria" anywhere so i'm not sure if its technically called that. Odometer reads 21245 so it could be 121k or 221k. Its a canadian model with the 2 barrel carb (not VV) 302. Got a fair price for its condition. Its got areas of surface rust, rested hole behind the drivers side rear door, some dings and dents, and the tailgate is dented pretty good. DIdn't seem to be any frame rust though. Seems to run really nice and feels more powerful than my merc. 2.42 open rear end (code 4). Its a base model, manual locks/windows, bench front seat, etc. It even had a radio delete plate, but was cut to fit the aftermarket radio Interior is ok, steering wheel and dash pad are cracked all over and the headliner is toast, otherwise its just really dirty. Now i have a spare car so i can do some more major work on the merc and not worry about getting it running again to go to work or something. I plan on fixing up the wagon and painting it black at some point.

Also got some refurbished 289 heads, dont know if they are worth anything, but parts are parts i guess. Got a cam, dont know anything about it though, got specs on the box. Spark plugs, gaskets, & some other random stuff.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
    1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
    1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

sweet nothin like a spare... dont fall in love and take the eyes off the prize like me tho...

you sure its not a VV mang? I see a MCU, I thought only the VV's used them
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Awesome, looks like it would make a good project, but in my opinion you should focus your time, money and effort on the Merc. Now you can do the carb swap and other engine mods to the Merc, I can't wait to see what you got planned for it.
      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

looks like a vv carb
        not bad for a beater.....did the 289 heads come with the car? they look fresh

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

My merc is still my baby, but i can definitely get the wagon looking good with junkyard parts and time (which i have plenty of). The guy i bought it from mentioned a long time ago that it had a 2 barrel carb put on it. So was it just some canadian models that got the 2 barrel carb stock? Took the air cleaner off and it looked like a reguar 2 barrel to me, not the funky VV looking one, i'l get a pic for someone to confirm though. BTW what and where is the MCU?

And those 289 heads are refurbished and did come with the car, along with a cam, timing chain/gears, spark plugs, various gaskets, and a box of what i think are lifters or something, which are also new.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
          1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)

Comment

oh, i dont think you need that spoiler, lol...did it live some of its life in canada? cuz that would explain alot

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Damn, nice find. Fix that rust and tailgate and you'll be good to go.
              Nick
              88 Colony Park LS
              G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
              Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Kewl, a base-base-base model, should be good for weight. No factory badges at all, then? Are the wheels 14" or 15"? And what about the "way back" - third seat or cargo compartment?

And guys, how do you figure it's got a VV - is it from the connector doodad visible up front? Since my '79 came with a 2100/2150 that seemed to be original, I assumed the VV carbs came into use mostly for '83 and later 351 cars after the 302 cars started getting CFI.

PS: FN, I'll give you ten bucks for your multifunction switch.
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

what casting number are those heads?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Very cool mang. Man that thing has alot of tire. LOL Welcome to the wagon club mang.
                    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

he prolly ditched the VV for a regular 2bbl carb - the MCU is the very large, flat, regtangular thing on the drivers fender with the huge electrical plug on top dead center.
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

i know in 81 when my dad bought my merc most of the cars had the VV then shortly after he bought it, ford issused a recall on the VV and would replace it for a 2150 for a 150bux

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                          oh, i dont think you need that spoiler, lol...did it live some of its life in canada? cuz that would explain alot
                          I'm definitely into the spoiler not sure if it was in canada long though, anyone have carfax right now?

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                          Kewl, a base-base-base model, should be good for weight. No factory badges at all, then? Are the wheels 14" or 15"? And what about the "way back" - third seat or cargo compartment?

And guys, how do you figure it's got a VV - is it from the connector doodad visible up front? Since my '79 came with a 2100/2150 that seemed to be original, I assumed the VV carbs came into use mostly for '83 and later 351 cars after the 302 cars started getting CFI.

PS: FN, I'll give you ten bucks for your multifunction switch.
                          Nope, no badges. the only place it says anything other than ford is the ltd logo on the right side of the dash. Its got 14" wheels and it does have the rear seats.

Whats the multifunction switch?

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
                          what casting number are those heads?
                          E58E.... is that anything special?

Originally posted by zwack88 View Post
                          Very cool mang. Man that thing has alot of tire. LOL Welcome to the wagon club mang.
                          Thanks Zack, glad to finally be here! :banana:

Originally posted by 85crownHPP* View Post
                          he prolly ditched the VV for a regular 2bbl carb - the MCU is the very large, flat, regtangular thing on the drivers fender with the huge electrical plug on top dead center.

So can that be removed now? i'd like to get the engine bay as clean and clutter free as possible

Comment

Got rusty registered and insured today. Took it for a cruise, more power for sure, but needs some TLC. $100 worth of junkyard parts and it will be much better off, pushed the cruise button and it cracked the wheel and fell out, and the blinker lever fell out, but i have a new unit already. Got a pic of the carb too, regular two barrel right?

Comment

yep regular 2bbl, same as mine

Comment

Working...
                              X