No announcement yet.

I bought a box!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought the ignition module, have to wait until the weekend to install it though :C

Comment

Hey guys, just a bit of a quandary. My idle in drive, warm, is about 400-500 rpms. What is your guys?

Comment

Hey guys, I have no brakes. I push down on the pedal, my foot goes straight to the floor. I don't think I could stop from anything higher than 20 miles an hour. The reservoir is full. Master cylinder bite the dust? The BRAKE dummy light comes on, but that reservoir has brake fluid in it.

Comment

I had the same issue with one of my Marquis, the Master cylinder waa pooched. My brake light never came on though. Same symptoms anyway, pedal went to the floor with little resistance

Comment

That was going to be my first stop. Its not leaking a ton of fluid anywhere, so that's the only thing that I can think that happened between yesterday and today.

Comment

Originally posted by killgore View Post
              ...Its not leaking a ton of fluid anywhere...
              Shouldn't leak ANY fluid, pressure is what makes hydraulic brakes work yo. Put 10lbs of force on one end and get 10lbs of force on the other end type of deal. Investigate that master cylinder deal and let us know what ye find.
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

It wasn't leaking fluid anywhere, it was a wet day so I mistook some of the general dampness for brake fluid. I have the new master cylinder, hoping to be able to install next tuesday.

Comment

TFI module replaced, haven't had it on a long enough drive to see if that was the cause or not.

My Dad came down to help me with my master cylinder, he helped me by a second new master cylinder (stripped the first one out). Got to figure out some way to repair/replace the hard line. String of bad luck all at once.

Comment

Chased out the thread with a die so the fitting is still usuable. Got the new master cylinder on, got 1/4 way down the block lost brakes again. Blew out a softline. Urg.

Comment

Lucky to be close to headquarters.

Two times my Vic lost brakes: While getting an inspection at my dads friends shop. Just backed onto the dyno to do the emissions testing (this is YEARS back when this still needed to be done to 95 and older vehicles in New York) and BURST. Pedal to the floor. Hard line under the drivers door blew. Second time was in my driveway! I think it was after installing the HO upper intake and bored out egr spacer and throttle body. A hard line either from the master to the proportioning valve or from the proportioning valve to one of the front calipers gave out. Of course the fittings seized in the prop. valve and out came the torch. The torch proceeded to MELT the brake switch. OOPS. and I needed to purchase a new prop valve. Just nice being near tools both times this happened.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The good news is I pretty much have a rolling home base in the trunk anymore. Bad news: I only had my bumper jack with me and I got a week to get everything back in highway shape.

Comment

Hey guys, WE HAVE BRAKES. And I have a sunburn. Everything was fubared that could've been fubared. But we are running and driving again.

Comment

So just a little report. A new TFI module and fuel filter solved all of my stumbling issues, my low idle and my cruise control issues. Other than that, just hit my first oil change. I also have dropped my muffler at some point in my adventures, so duals it will be. Just a little update mid month, may get a zero to 60 video soon. Thanks for all of your troubleshooting helps/tips guys!

Comment

Nice, glad to hear things are working better.

Dropped the muffler at some point... unknowingly?
                              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Stumbling issues? When and under what conditions?

My car is sporting the original dizzy & TFI module. It sometimes stumbles when you go to give it gas off idle, like a carb'd car that doesn't have it's accelerator pump set up right.
                                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                                X