got blue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MeLikeyStripperChicks
    So the dimmer works fine... I was about to ask about that yesterday, then I forgot. So how many LEDs do I need total for my Townie's dash?
    6 in the instrument cluster, one in the heater controls, one above the power antenna switch. Total of 8 is what I used. And yeah, dimmer works fine. I use it about 1/2 brightness and its great.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

i just put one in the HVAC controlls mmmmm yes
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Hmm how much are they? I should plan on this after we get the new ignition and locks from the damage the dude did
        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

4.50 ea + $2 shipping - supposedly they will never burn out in our lifetimes
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I installed another set this weekend in Scott's car, but this time I didn't pop the blue domes out. Light is still bright enough, but it can be run on full brightness and its fine. My car is actually bright to the point where it needs to be cut to about 1/2 brightness before I can stand it. Not tearing the actual speedo cluster apart saves a lot of time since I didn't need to pull each guage pod out of the cluster assembly. I also used a cheapie single LED he had for the high beam indicator. Its one of those directional ones thats not so good for dash bulb usage but it works great as an indicator lamp. Someday I should get green ones like that for the turn signal indicators.

**edit** apparently the type I used for the indicator bulb is known as a side emitter. Found this out from Pete's for sale ad. The 5 way LED cluster bulbs are what I used in the instrument cluster, and I'm quite pleased with the results.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
              I also used a cheapie single LED he had for the high beam indicator. Its one of those directional ones thats not so good for dash bulb usage but it works great as an indicator lamp. Someday I should get green ones like that for the turn signal indicators.
              I have 5way LEDs for the ambient glow, inverted blue lights for the blinkers, and single dome light for the high beam. Works great. I didn't really want the green anymore. And all I did was put the blue LEDs in, no green tint at all.

Comment

I wish there was a way to get the digi-clock and the Tripminder to display blue.
                Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

yes the side emitters have an inverted lense, the ones with the round dome lense are the directional ones
                  sigpic

Comment

You can change the color of the turn signals on the speedo?
                    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Yep, with LEDs you can.

Comment

Wicked! Is there a green filter over the arrow like I think there is, or what?
                        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Yep, there is a little green square of thin plastic behind the blinker holes.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                          1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                          1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

You could likely just put a blue light in there and it would flash blue.

Comment

4 blue leds in the cluster and 2 in the door's thanks pete

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

My heat/ac controls now glow blue...ahh looks better. Now for the clock.
                                '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Working...
                                X