center console?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

center console?

anyone ever put a center consol or something on their tranny hump? atleast something to sit a drink or 2 in besides those cheap plastic things they sell at walmart?
    1989 Grand Marquis GS

Bowman85Merc for sure has done one that's rather neat. Tom (GMGT) has been searching for I believe a first-gen Cougar console to put in one of his cars.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

cool. i was homing for something small though that will still fit if i leave the stock seats, lot a long consol that comes up between the seats
      1989 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

Originally posted by RunUoveR View Post
        anyone ever put a center consol or something on their tranny hump? atleast something to sit a drink or 2 in besides those cheap plastic things they sell at walmart?
        Ouch I take offense to that. See what can be done with that cheap (autozone in this case) consol. green night lights that are wired to the switch along with some 10" neons in the back, blue courtesy lights, a 12volt aux socket, and a red light that comes on with key for fun.

Attached Files
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That doesn't look half bad!

Done forgot about the split bench dilemma ... one alternative solution that a few people have tried is to whittle something up from plywood that fits against the dash right where the ashtray would have been, then make the top into a convenient mounting place for gauges, switches, and 12V outlets and trim the whole thing with vinyl, thin carpet, or other convenient fabric. (85CrownHPP* has a decent one that's finished in some sort of marine vinyl.) You can include nice recesses in your design to use for cupholders, or even buy plastic cupholders and screw them to the back of your new mini-console. (pretty sure that's what Smoke'n'Rattle did with his - less elegant but still functional)

Comment

I made this myself... you could put cup holders or anything you want in it...

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
              I made this myself... you could put cup holders or anything you want in it...

How come your emblem isn't the ford one on your steering wheel Petemang?

Comment

'cuz I put a mercury one there
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                  How come your emblem isn't the ford one on your steering wheel Petemang?
                  He has a Mercury Crown Vic to counter the Ford GMQ.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

:lol:

Comment

yea i have a center console in my merc, but im lucky because i have bucket seats lol
                      but like 87cp said, it is kinda hard to put a console in a car with a bench seat.
                      if i were u and have a bench, i would do what 85crownhpp did, his looks kinda cool.....but i was like u and i hated not have cupholders, so i made my own lol
                      my console still isnt done yet, i still have some more fabricating to do to it lol.
                      but mine is out of a Mustang II, i had to make the entire bottom part of the console to fit over the tranny tunnel.
                      im still waiting for GMGT to make his, i think the cougar one would look really sweet, and i was also thinking of a Nova SS console, since factry it has 4 gauges in it. just some ideas if u want to do it lol

and for some reason i cant upload pics, so if u want u can go on my Readers Ride, or someone here can put up a pic.
                      ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
                      ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

You know, I just recently had your attachments open, too ... you can actually dig through them yourself under the "Attachments" link on your UserCP page and link them here with IMG tags.

Nova SS? I wouldn't have thought of that ... now I need to dig up some pictures of that too!

==================================

EDIT: Here ya go:

Last edited by 1987cp; 12-12-2008, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          Ouch I take offense to that. See what can be done with that cheap (autozone in this case) consol. green night lights that are wired to the switch along with some 10" neons in the back, blue courtesy lights, a 12volt aux socket, and a red light that comes on with key for fun.

That I like... I had made on my 87 MGM a custom aux cluster gauge, it had vac, volt, temp, pressure, and then mounted a cheapy cup holder to it, plus I had a tach too... Not there but it was a bad ass one... So I thought I'd mention it. Didn't look as good as yours though
                          LPP71 from CVN

Comment

I HAVE a cougar console. I think i'll wait until I toast my AOD and put a 5 speed in the vic before I install it though...
                            Attached Files
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

OH MAN !!! that looks like its gonna be a pefect fit, ive never seen one, looks rly nice, even has a clock lol...but is that in GMGT??? look like a CV dash !?!?!
                              ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
                              ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Working...
                              X