howdy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MeLikeyStripperChicks
    Nah, that's normal for the CC819s - axle is at the same level as the lower edge of the body under the doors. To take care of the gap she just needs slightly bigger tires, or just wider ones. ....

That One Girl, install the fancy rims back on, I bet the car will look much better then. Or, until then, just remove those wheel covers, clean the wheels nicely, and spray paint them with gloss-black Krylon Rust-Tough enamel, a can of that will run you about $5 and you will only need two cans at most.
    the keystone rims were the goal of this activity. the "before" springs didn't raise the back end up quite enough for them -- they were ok for most driving, but as soon as one of my friends sat in the back, it dropped it too low and rubbed the tires a bit. so, the next step is to switch from the 15 by 16.5 inch rims to the 15 by 8 keystones. hopefully this will make it look a little more balanced!

i should have taken a whole car picture -- it does look pretty high just zoomed in on the back half. if you look at the whole car, however, it's not that bad!
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (R.I.P.)
    1991 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

The CC819's technically are the overload spring for a wagon...The 817's are for sedans... The 819's are a mich higher spring rate, but everyone here uses 'em and seem to be happy with them.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by that one girl
        ...so, the next step is to switch from the 15 by 16.5 inch rims to the 15 by 8 keystones....
        sorry, typo. meant 15 by 6.5.

can you not go back and edit posts, or am i missing something?
        1991 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

sorry, typo. meant 15 by 6.5.

can you not go back and edit posts, or am i missing something?
          You can't go back and edit posts anymore. You can for a short while after you post, but after a certain time you can't. I think it's because we don't want people saying stuff and then going back and editing it as if they never said whatever it was they said. I'm not explaining this very well, am I?
          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

the keystone rims were the goal of this activity. the "before" springs didn't raise the back end up quite enough for them -- they were ok for most driving, but as soon as one of my friends sat in the back, it dropped it too low and rubbed the tires a bit. so, the next step is to switch from the 15 by 16.5 inch rims to the 15 by 8 keystones. hopefully this will make it look a little more balanced!
            Hey, are the tires in good shape? If not you can get some 255/50-15s for the front and 255/60-15s for the rear, it will drop the front end with like 1", with will make the car much more stable when cornering (less sidewall flex in the front), and also make it look better cause the gaps between the tires and the fender lips will look more equal.

Comment

I'm likin' the Mack bull dog.

sigpic
              - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

I'm a little late, but welcome!
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Yea the MACK Bull dog is sweeet :-P
                  People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic
                    You can't go back and edit posts anymore. You can for a short while after you post, but after a certain time you can't. I think it's because we don't want people saying stuff and then going back and editing it as if they never said whatever it was they said. I'm not explaining this very well, am I?
                    ....i understand what you mean. good to know. i'll try to type better.

Originally posted by MeLikeyStripperChicks
                    Hey, are the tires in good shape? If not you can get some 255/50-15s for the front and 255/60-15s for the rear, it will drop the front end with like 1", with will make the car much more stable when cornering (less sidewall flex in the front), and also make it look better cause the gaps between the tires and the fender lips will look more equal.
                    ...the tires are good for the moment. i'm going to hold off getting new ones for as long as i can, but that's a decent idea.

the rims will be switched in the next week or two -- i'll try to get a pic after that

..and hooray for bulldogs. unfortunately i don't work in a nice town...so i sit here at work, looking at my car out the window, ready to run out and defend my mack dog if anyone tries to take it. ha. maybe i'm a bit overprotective of my car....but i already lost a power antenna parking here... that was enough!
                    1991 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

ready to run out and defend my mack dog if anyone tries to take it...
                      you's a cool chick
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

:confused: Ahhh Sorry for the question but ¿Are you a chick?

ATT, SNIPER 308.PROUD OWNER OF ?????????
                        MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

Originally posted by sniper308
                          :confused: Ahhh Sorry for the question but ¿Are you a chick?

ATT, SNIPER 308.PROUD OWNER OF ?????????
                          I'd hope so with a user name like that. If not then it's kinda creepy.
                          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

:confused: I hope so too let's wait the respond.

ATT, SNIPER 308.PROUD OWNER OF ??????????
                            MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

:confused: I hope so too let's wait the respond.

ATT, SNIPER 308.PROUD OWNER OF ??????????

Comment

Wow...the stupidity...
                                '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                                '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Working...
                                X