No announcement yet.

new to panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never heard the term 'crash engine' to refer to an interference motor. But no, they're not, at least with the stock cam. I had a timing gear fall off mine (yay for forgetting the loctite) and it did no damage to the valvetrain. The gear riding against the front cover made a few metal shavings, but that was about the worst of the damage.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

pics

here are some pics. '88 LTD CV LX
      Attached Files
      88 crown vic lx 5.0:3gears:gone but not forgotten
      now a 99 MGM

gone crazy: be back soon?

Comment

looks like a creampuff!
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

ooh, a shiny creampuff LX. My favorite body and dash on the Vic too.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

i like it... it has the coach roof on it.
            Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

You take real good care of that car! That's like showroom condition mang!

Comment

That is one gorgeous set of wheels there homie.
                sigpicwww.myspace.com/reverendrevival

Comment

thanks for the compliments. it made the wife feel better since it's her car. i'll get some better pics in few days.:3gears:
                  now a 99 MGM

Comment

that's nice mang!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Looks good! If it's your wife's car, what you rolling in Mang? How long before you give yours up and steal the wife's panther? lol
                      Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
                      Bone stock... for now.

Comment

my ride

this is my ride 82 3/4 ton Burb 350 4bbl 4sp. this is my tow/hual truck. we have 2 St. Bernards, thay take up alot of space. i'll get my oun panther later.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by arkoza63; 02-01-2008, 02:08 AM.
                        now a 99 MGM

Comment

Neat. I've actually never been in one of those old Suburbans, but they look uber practical when you need something big.
                          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Nice truck! Looks like you've got a driveway full of gas guzzlers. My father had a 1976 and a 1978 Suburban. One topped out at about 8 mpg city driving. But it was free, some co-worker gave it to him. Extremely practical, and if a Suburban isn't rusted all to hell, you should keep it forever.

Bone stock... for now.

Comment

actualy, the milage on the burb is't all that bad. i get around 20 mpg on the highway 12 to 15 city. it just huts to fill up because it has a 31 gallon fuel tank. it's only 2 wheel drive, with 373 gears and 235x85x16s = about 31.5" tires. the 4 speed man trans helps alot. the kicker is it's rated at 8700 gvw. the VIN code raits it as a one ton
                              now a 99 MGM

Comment

Originally posted by arkoza63 View Post
                                the 4 speed man trans helps alot.
                                Man, that's cool. I have never rode in (or even seen) a 4-speed Suburban. That's sweet! I'd like to have a large suv, or van, that was a stick. But I'm already guzzling enough. Sounds like your SUB is getting almost as good of mileage as my TC. I'm not sure if I like you anymore.

Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X