Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifelong dream come true. This time.

Hey all.

Decided it was time to stop perusing the forum without posting anything useful. Not to say this thread will be particularly useful.

Recently bought a 1991 Colony Park wagon to replace a 1990 Cutlass Ciera Int'l. It has the towing package which comprises 371s, stiff-as-hell springs, and some sort air compressor whose function I have yet to determine.

The car is just about pristine with a broken odometer reading just shy of 110k. Needs exhaust work (well, it needs an exhaust) which will happen sometime this month, I hope.

Will post pics when I actually take some that are decent enough to put online. Weather was crap when I bought it early December and hasn't improved much here in Michigan.

A couple of questions I could not answer for myself using the forum, but I'm new and stuff, so please don't hurt me.

1. How do I replace the bulbs in the coach lamps on the B-pillars? I cannot for the life of me work it out. Couldn't sort it on my mom's '89 GM and I can't figure it on my GMCP.

2. What might the air compressor do? It has proper springs in back, but the shocks might be air. Haven't had the chance to really look at it, but that might explain the extraordinary bouncing when going over washboard roads.

3. (Loaded question) Since I have no exhaust, I went to the junkyard and pulled the H-pipe and tails from a 5.0 Town Car. Since the TC is longer overall with a slightly longer wheelbase, where do they make up for the difference in the exhaust length, and how will this make my life difficult?

Thanks in advance for any responses. I'll slowly work my way into the community and figure out the site enough to become relatively self-sufficient.

I'm excited for this project that is also my daily driver, since this is the car I have lusted for since I was 5 years old.
    "Now it's over; I'm dead, and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do." -TMBG

1991 Grand Marquis GS Colony Park Towing -Dead-Stock & Tired LoPo 5.0

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera International -I'm kind of sorry to admit it's still mine. In temporary custody of a friend who was desperate for a car.

To change the bulbs in the coach lamps u pop off the little squareish chrome piece at the top and bottom. Underneath is a screw that holds the lens on. I do believe they take a 194 bulb but I am not positive.
    2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

That's the most obvious solution ever. I feel like such an idiot. :/

Normally, I'm amazing at sorting stuff like that out, but in this case, I just stared like a moron. Thanks!
      "Now it's over; I'm dead, and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do." -TMBG

1991 Grand Marquis GS Colony Park Towing -Dead-Stock & Tired LoPo 5.0

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera International -I'm kind of sorry to admit it's still mine. In temporary custody of a friend who was desperate for a car.

Comment

welcome to gmn!

the odometer gears in the cluster are plastic and they fall apart.....most you come across will also have this issue, rob some gears from trip odometers.

the air compressor is for the rear shocks.....you have the load leveling option and if it's the tow package, it has a 3.55 traction lock rear.

the town car h pipe will fit, just use aftermarket turbo mufflers with a 14" body ofset ofset.......wagon tails will run you about 40 a piece if you shop around, or you might be able to get them bent cheap out there in detroit.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Always happy to see another Michigander around.

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome to the Party!!

-ryan s.
            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
            Originally posted by pantera77
            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Welcome mang.. Wagon sounds pretty tits

Comment

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

to GMN!!
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

to GMN!
                    -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
                    1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
                    1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
                    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

Welcome to.gmn got family in whitmore lake

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Good deal, I've owned five of these and really like them. Too bad minivans killed them off. I've seen 3.73's listed for tow packages. Had load levels on one wagon and they were dead and leaked all the time. Were great when they worked. Replaced them regular HD shocks.

Comment

hah! and suvs killed minivans, but now wagons seem to be coming back

Comment

Working...
                          X