Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nOOb from Northern KY with a major project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nOOb from Northern KY with a major project.

First I would like to say Hello. I recently purchased a 2003 P71 off of Ebay. It had been severely neglected(aka rigged) and I have been trying to fix it. The problems I knew about when I purchased it were bad transmission, bad ac compressor, bad rear shocks, no brakes, and rigged side pipe exhaust. The problems I found after purchase were an epoxied(in several places) upper intake, cracked timing cover, frp shorty headers rubbing steering shaft, stiff steering shaft, leaking high pressure power steering hose, no parking brake hardware inside of rear rotors, and rigged belt tensionor. I am sure I will find more as I go along. My $999 crown vic has turned into a $1900 crown vic

actually if you dont mind meeting me I am roughly withen an hr away from you in morrow oh , if youd like help let me know. oh and welcome to GMN.
    Last edited by zoomie; 01-07-2012, 09:48 PM.
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Aren't old cars that have had poor repairs great?

Welcome !
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thank you. I should have it on the road in a week or so. I am sure there are more problems to come though.

Comment

Sounds like you got a nightmare! Id replace that intake asap before it springs a new leak. You could pound a dimple into that header where its rubbing... thats what they did for fox mustangs, lol
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I went ahead and purchased factory exhaust manifolds for the crown vic. I will put the headers on my 96gt. I have a PI intake from a 2002 mustang gt that I could put on the crown vic if that would work.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbone1 View Post
              First I would like to say Hello. I recently purchased a 2003 P71 off of Ebay. It had been severely neglected(aka rigged) and I have been trying to fix it. The problems I knew about when I purchased it were bad transmission, bad ac compressor, bad rear shocks, no brakes, and rigged side pipe exhaust. The problems I found after purchase were an epoxied(in several places) upper intake, cracked timing cover, frp shorty headers rubbing steering shaft, stiff steering shaft, leaking high pressure power steering hose, no parking brake hardware inside of rear rotors, and rigged belt tensionor. I am sure I will find more as I go along. My $999 crown vic has turned into a $1900 crown vic
              That can be fixed for far less than $1K. You still got a deal. It is hard to find a nice '03 for $2K and by the time you fix all of the little things, you will have a nice car....

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
                It is hard to find a nice '03 for $2K and by the time you fix all of the little things, you will have a nice car....
                :bump:
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Welcome to the Party!
                  And the PI intake manifold will bolt right up.

-ryan s.
                  08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                  97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                  94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                  73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                  12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                  Originally posted by pantera77
                  Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Thanks for the info on the intake.

Comment

I went ahead and purchased a high miles 04 crown vic engine for parts.

Comment

Working...
                      X