Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swedish Crown Victoria owner says hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swedish Crown Victoria owner says hello!

Hey guys!
    I had a profile on here before, but I can't remember it's account name, and it was ages ago. So here goes a fresh start!

Name is Carl, soon-to-be 19 years old. I live in Stockholm, Sweden and work full-time as a used car salesman at one of the bigger dealerships in Stockholm. I'm about to take over a 1988 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX that my father has used as a daily-driver for a couple of years. She needs a little love but runs and drives great, 302/AOD. My plan is to use it as a semi DD (I have a car through work) and slowly but surely restore it to it's former glory.

Only one picture of the car for now, this is like two weeks after the car came home, taken three years ago I think. She's looking a bit rougher now but will be looking like this again.

Look forward to getting to know you guys!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tynnerstroem; 09-10-2012, 02:27 PM.

Owner of a 1988 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX

Welcome from Toronto, Canada! We have a few 'old world' owners on here but I think you may be the first Swede. I'm sure it's stating the obvious but undercoating, undercoating, undercoating if you want that baby to survive the winters (especially if you salt roads there).

Post more pics when you get the chance and I hope you enjoy it here.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Indeed welcome,

Do you know the history of the car.

Jay
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Nice. Welcome!

Also, I will warn you that at some point I'll make a Swedish Chef joke. Look it up on youtube if you never got the Muppet Show over there. Please don't be offended when it happens.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

a warm welcome from Akron Ohio USA.....nice car....and dont worry about any swedish chef jokes.....they are harmless....lol

Comment

Welcome to the Party!!!
              It's nice to see Panther's on other continents!

-ryan s.
              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
              Originally posted by pantera77
              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Welcome to GMN
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

nice vic!
                  welcome to gmn!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Howdy!

Pete
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                    1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                    1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Vinyl or Leather interior? Either way, looks like you got the GOOD head-rests! The skinnier type they switched to after 88-89 SUCK. If you're tall, they only hit the back of your neck at max height. Those triangular ones extend enough to support your head or tilt 90-degrees forward for a nice ridge to lean your skull back against.

Welcome, mang!
                      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Thanks guys!
                        Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                        Vinyl or Leather interior?
                        Gray leather. Drivers seat is a little worn but overall it's in great shape!

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
                        Indeed welcome,
                        Do you know the history of the car.
                        Jay
                        The previous owner said that the car was purchased brand new in the US by a Swedish citizen and brought over here. The car was built during the latter part of 1987. Thanks!

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        Nice. Welcome!
                        Also, I will warn you that at some point I'll make a Swedish Chef joke. Look it up on youtube if you never got the Muppet Show over there. Please don't be offended when it happens.
                        Don't worry about it, we got that show over here. People call Sweden "little America" for a reason.

I'd also like to add that I'm a huge sucker for american cars built after 1973. The older ones are alright, but in 1973 the cars really started to look great in my oppinion. Call me crazy, but for my money, 1973-1986 was the golden era of the American car. So don't be surprised if you find me drooling over a 1977 Ford LTD II with a 302/C4.
                        Last edited by Tynnerstroem; 09-12-2012, 02:56 PM.

Owner of a 1988 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX

Comment

Working...
                        X