!!!!URGENT!!!! EVERYONE READ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

!!!!URGENT!!!! EVERYONE READ!

my car is dead! the timing chain is shot and i am not investing the money to fix it. if anyone wants to make an offer on the car and come get it and tow it away...please do do. if the car is worth more as parts then make a list and let me know.

the body is in great condition, very little rust. its an 83 grand marquis, 4dr. pwr windows/locks/steering. 302 5.0L, tinted windows (legal in VA), has about 120K miles on it. BRAND NEW TPS. 130Amp 3G Alternator upgrade, fairly new waterpump, police rear sway bar (in excellent condition), new duraspark box, 3 center caps...etc.

If someone will buy it as a complete package I will not remove anything except my stereo...otherwise the junkyard gets it and I will be stripping it before they get there...will have some nice parts for sale.
    i\'m back bitches!

:cry:
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

april fools? :cuss:

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
      '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
      '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

nope no april fools...the bitch is really dead...
        i\'m back bitches!

Comment

damn! i guess it wasnt clogged injectors then???

If it winds up going to a junkyard, Ill take the CFI parts
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

The timing chain went at 120k? How did they verify that? Chains are usually good for a hell of a long time.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

replacing the timing chain isnt hard........betw a new chain, gaskets, and a water pump you might have 50 bucks in parts

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

here is his logic behind it.

originally he was sure the injectors were bad. so he ordered new ones. when they came in they weren't the correct injectors. so to make up for lost time he pulled the old injectors and cleaned em...they were fine and worked like they should. basically his premise from the beginning was that the car was fuel starved.

so after putting the injectors back in he came up with the timing chain idea. he tells me that the car is easy to start (which he says as the chain goes it will get harder), but at WOT the car backfired through the TB. I stood there and he revved the car to WOT and sure enough the car backfired through the TB. he says that as the chain stretches and jumps teeth the car will begin to backfire.

he says since the chain has jumped a tooth or so, the car isn't getting fuel correctly. he says its still fuel starved. after he revved it up and it backfired he let ir simmer down to base idle and the car just cut off.

in addition to the timing chain deal, he says he can hear that there is impending doom in one of the cylinders. he says a wrist pin is failing or loose and is basically a ticking time bomb.

i am not scraping the car basely on his diagnosis...there is a laundry list of things wrong with this car that are just waiting to break and cost me a lot of money. so if the chain is fucked up or not i am tired of messing with it. if someone thinks they can save it...they are more than welcome to bring me cash and take the car home with them (less any and all stereo equipment).
                i\'m back bitches!

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm........
                  Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                  Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Sounds more like a frigged up fuel pressure regulator than a timing chain to me, but I know nearly zero about CFI systems. Could also be a clogged fuel filter. If the chain had jumped a tooth, the base timing would be off too. Wrist pins usually don't go, with 302s its normally main or rod bearings. As long as it still has some oil pressure, ignore it. Those things will knock and carry on for a long time without issue usually. Lifters in Ford engines are also known to wear and start ticking with age.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

roast, you got the coach roof? if ya do part it out and the interior is grey what condition is the rear piece that goes around the back window?
                      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

after talking to a few other mechanics it is likely that a clogged fuel filter is to blame for this trouble...but it is too late now...

this afternoon i stripped the car of my stereo...the interior is all take apart...it took me 30 mins to undo 4 years worth of installations and work. I am tired of the car and it can go to whoever wants it now.

so please someone pay me a few hundred bucks and come get this POS off my land. if by weds. noone wants to buy it outright as a whole...I will strip it and begin parting it out cuz the junk yard will be coming to get it.
                        i\'m back bitches!

Comment

What part of VA do u live in? I would be interested in buyin the alternator 3g upgrade from you!
                          The Best
                          Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

sorry but if the car is parted out the 3G is already spoken for. And I live in northern VA, Alexnadria.
                            i\'m back bitches!

Comment

Damn i live in dc i could come get it from you! Well let me ask this what all do i need to make it work? I have a 85 and you have a 83 we have the same hook ups..
                              The Best
                              Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

Working...
                              X