No announcement yet.

Mustang shorties, H-pipe, flowmaster muffler dual exhaust install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just realized I never posted an exhaust sound clip of the current pipes... the mufflers are just generic turbo mufflers... pretty quiet.

You can also see Im burning some oil... Im pretty sure its the valve seals, the short block only has 50ish thousand miles on it, but the heads have probably close to 200K (long story)
    And yes I know the shocks are bad... they are 8 year old sensi-craps I put on... they don't bounce nearly as bad once they "load up" after a couple cycles.
    It will get new KYBs and springs around the time of the big brake swap.
    The second half of the clip I rolled it back so you could hear the air filter go woo woooooooo!!!!!!!! The BII is parked right out of frame and could have been trapping the sound.
    Also note the LED brake lights

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

:cry: my car is silent. that sounded nice Pete. and stop smoking!!
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Im thinking of quitting again I had my last one of the pack at the end of the day at work (perfect timing) and Im off tomorrow, so I wont have the smoke-at-work compulsion to deal with.
        Though I will have the yard work compulsion... it sure seems to keep the gnats away.
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I like it, makes noise when you need it to hehehe
          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Boy that is quiet. hope you like the new pipes better. Thats about how my car sounded untell i put on my V-force mufflers.(they are made in Canada) Maybe I'll take a vid of how mine sounds and post it up for you to hear. But i have some 4 inch tips that are 22 inches long, so that changes the sound a bit.
            sigpic

Comment

We'll i took a couple short clips for ya... it sounds alot diff drivin down the road of course..But i think yours might end up sounding something like this, with those flowmasters on it.

Last edited by hav24wheel; 06-24-2009, 10:21 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

natehawks vic has some 2.25" pre bent tailpipes on it possibly impala/caprice?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I'm not a fan of tailpipes, in fact non of my vehicles have them. Why not put a 90 degree bend after the mufflers and run those turndowns right in front of the rear tires? I was going to do that to my Silverado but i'd have to get the 90's bent more to clear the parking brake cables on the driver's side, don't know if the Vics have that issue I know my Mustang doesn't.
                  88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                  Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I have that on GL, tends to suck exhaust in through the rear windows when they are open. Get a lot more interior noise as well.
                    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

I'm used to interior noise, the exhaust on the Sierra used to have no cat or muffler and ended right under the cab. That was a bit much, adding a glasspack and turndown on the end lengthening the exhaust by 2 feet so it went past the cab helped but not enough.

Maybe it was the muffler but when my Sierra have the 24" case Magnaflow with no cat and the tails with tips out the back, I couldn't hear it idle/cruise but only a bit on acceleration but now with a highflow cat, 18" case Magnaflow on the same dimensions (except case length) and inlet/outlets size, and the tips in front of the rear tire I can actually hear it in the cab.

Comment

Also, apparently it's hard to get away with not running tailpipes in some localities ... I remember MrMarquis stating that where he lives, they require emissions testing, and that if he went in for testing with dumps or any sort of functional sidepipe, he'd fail automatically because the emissions people would claim there's no place to hook up their sniffers. Seems odd to me, but then, so are a lot of local restrictions on what you are and aren't allowed to do with your car. :p
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I think its a bad idea to run no tailpipes on a car. On a pickup its ok, but on a car, i think its nice to get the exhaust out from under there..

Also my computer was SLOOOW as hell last night when i tried to post those clips of how mine sounds, so I'll just post a link.. http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/739608 or
                          [IMG][/IMG]
                          Last edited by hav24wheel; 06-25-2009, 09:13 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I have side exits on my Mustang that are actually cut a bit short so they exit right under the seam where the dorr and rear quarter panels meet. I always drive with my windows down since my a/c doesn't work and I never get any exhaust in the cabin. Also today I went to the Kansas Highway Patrol to get my Sierra inspected and the guy looked right at the side exits and didn't say a word about them, in fact he didn't even look under the truck to see if I had a cat so I could have just not bought one but oh well. I love Kansas sometimes, they don't get all anal like most other states.

Comment

blah, I went ahead and cut the mufflers off the 85 at work while we were slow. I couldn't have done the whole job there, too much time, I just did this real quick since it would be easier to get them down on a lift, and to force myself (in a way)to go ahead and get the new stuff on. Its quite stimulating since i forgot how delightful (not) the sound of open cats is... I have a headache.
                              sigpic

Comment

I wish i could experience that headache once.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X