No announcement yet.

65mph+ miss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recently did my '95 GM O2 Sensors. A REAL PITA!!! The sensors, themselves, weren't that bad but where the end of the harness plugs in (for all 4) was a real chore. Had to remove the passenger tire to get a better angle for one of them. Haven't done them, recently, on my '87 but I don't remember them being a "day at the beach" either!! Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

get one of these (I found just the tall to the side style socket for less at my local AZ) The shorter one will work wonders on Aeros. But they will allow you to get a u-joint on there (I needed 2 for the driver side). I suggest impact u-joints, enough extensions to get out of the engine bay and a breakover bar.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I didn't find a second O2 sensor on the wagon. Looks like CFI only has the one, on the passenger side where it's not terrible to reach.
        1985 Wagon Queen Family Truckster.
        Get It ==G|== Together

Comment

maybe cfi does only have the one.
          2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

correct
            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

well its back again the only thing left to go is tps (this week) and O2 sensors (someday) after that I think im just gonna give up also got a OEM coil on the way in case my MSD coil isnt up to snuff.
              2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

Comment

Maybe it's me but I do like OEM, especially for Ignition parts. Great move to get the OEM coil!! See if you can "score" OEM TPS and O2 sensor.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

well for several hundred dollars I can but im not much into spending half a paycheck on a tps.

Comment

Any chance of getting the TPS on EBAY? Does Rockauto carry it?

Comment

I dont know ive been buying borg warner parts from my local auto parts store and havent encountered a problem yet

Comment

I too prefer the OEM Motorcraft stuff over the cheap, crappy aftermarket offerings, and really don't mind paying more for them. I get all my OEM Motorcraft stuff from here http://www.forced4.com/index.html

They have every OEM Motorcraft SEFI part you will ever need for any 2.3 or 5.0. Great place to deal with as well!

Comment

There was a motorcraft TPS on rockauto, to fit an '85, it was $48 or so. I don't know if it fits other years.

If setting the idles exactly to spec doesn't clear up my code 23, then I may buy that one.
                          1985 Wagon Queen Family Truckster.
                          Get It ==G|== Together

Comment

the TPS for CFI cars is retarded expensive.

also, be aware that setting the TPS voltage "to spec" doesn't really do a fuck of a lot of anything.

sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Is there any remote chance at all this could be related to the tps,air charge temp sensor, or the coolant sensor or sender as they are currently the only thing thats not new?

Comment

im gonna say unlikly but, i never like to rule anything out when not sure of the parts. my brothers 88 town car does a similar thing but does it a lower speeds. you feel the miss here and there. iv done alot of testing and what not, to the EEC components. i have no codes, and get 90s on cylinder ballance tests. i am looking for vac leaks now. i have done EGR/throttle body gaskets and checked hoses, so far. one thing i notice and will replace next, is the plenum gasket. where the lower and upper intake(plenum) meet, its very black. it is just like that, only around the gasket area. one can only think, that there is a leak and its sucking the leaky oil, from the rocker gaskets. i will try to get a pic, if i can open the hood, since its covered in snow and ice from yesterdays snow.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                                X