No announcement yet.

Pics of new paint & blown motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It actually worked? Seems like the pressure would have overpowered it...
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

It held the gas all the way home, which was about 5 miles. After that it started to leak, but I was surprised it lasted as long as it did. Duct Tape FTW!
      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd
        I've got a 70 302 short block and can't get 20 bucks for the damn thing. In great shape too. Gonna scrap it soon.
        how good of shape??? is it ready to run??
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
          how good of shape??? is it ready to run??

Nope, it's in pieces and it's a shortblock, so no heads. Though reassemble it, toss gadgets DO 351 heads wit ha decent cam and it'd be a runner.
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

too bad about the motor, but the car looks great!
            I think I liked the darker blue better, but it looks cool!
            sigpic
            1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht
              ... liked the darker blue better...
              2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd
                Nope, it's in pieces and it's a shortblock, so no heads. Though reassemble it, toss gadgets DO 351 heads wit ha decent cam and it'd be a runner.
                Alot stronger block than the new ones. The newer blocks have a lot of metal taken out on the main webbing and cylinder walls. The latest of the blocks had materal added back into the cylinder walls. Mabe in the early 92 or so but none was ever put back in the mains. Older 260 and 289 blocks had the same issue and when they went tto 302 cubes they started to have trouble so mains were stiffened up. Cranks were also lightened up in the later years hence the lighter ballance weights in the flywheel and harmonic ballancer. I wouldt be so quick to get rid of a older 302 or 69 70 351W block. There were also some HD 302 blocks. They have HD cast into the main caps. They were concidered by some to be stronger than the 4 bolt main Boss 302 blocks. The change of the 302 firing order in the HO 5.0s was done to help the newer blocks to survive the increased power out put in the lighter weaker blocks.
                Last edited by turbo2256b; 01-03-2007, 08:19 AM.
                Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
                X