No announcement yet.

fastest box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

id like to compensate for weight with power and traction if its doable.

id really rather not waste my time putting her on a diet.

whether its SFI certified or not depends on if ill be taking it to the track more than once. thatd be fine for a track car like when i first started asking about this, but now the build might be going in a different direction.
    Last edited by rick99601; 01-31-2011, 07:20 PM.
    1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
    1994 MGM GS Montigua
    2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
    2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

You'll never hit fourth gear in the 1/4. Some people barely hit third. Lots of strip cars out there running a Powerglide for a reason. And the E4OD? no. That would be like installing a C6 and a couple sandbags in the trunk. Not only do you get the horsepower loss, its got a weight penalty as well. If you want that, find an early iron case FMX. Gear strength of the AOD, and such a horrible weight penalty that its sure to offset any other gains you might have with one.
      Last edited by gadget73; 01-31-2011, 07:31 PM.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Dare I say it???

LSx swap!!

lol jk

I would say a forged 351 12:1 compression, nice bumpstick, good set of heads and intake, 4.10s, and a 150 shot.
        2002 GT, Saleen Series IV waiting to be installed

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
          A stock Crown Vic weighs around 4000 lbs.
          My vic not stripped on a scale was 3520 and hit third in the 1/8.
          1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
          2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            You'll never hit fourth gear in the 1/4. Some people barely hit third. Lots of strip cars out there running a Powerglide for a reason. And the E4OD? no. That would be like installing a C6 and a couple sandbags in the trunk. Not only do you get the horsepower loss, its got a weight penalty as well. If you want that, find an early iron case FMX. Gear strength of the AOD, and such a horrible weight penalty that its sure to offset any other gains you might have with one.

I've wondered why so many folks run Powerglides. Recently got the 'Speed' channel on TV and I've been watching Pass Time a bunch...almost everyone that's non-stock is rocking a powerglide.
            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
              15.91 with a stock shortblock and ported e7's
              I would love to see how it would run on a little nitrous!

2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
              Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

RIP 1984 2Dr Crown Vic "The Millennium Falcon"
              Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall
              NA-15.78@91.21, 80hp shot-14.48@96.21

Comment

i really have no use for OD period unless the cars a DD.

i was just throwing the e40d out there. im not pretending to know anything about it, though. besides its a 4 speed.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

16.03 with a stock long block lopo. 14.86 with an HO conversion on that lopo.... 15.02 with the wagon @4500 lbs with a cam swapped stock explorer motor.
                  Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Takes less power then most ford tranmissions.

Easy power is found in cubic inches. A junk yard 460 with stock internals and stock heads would do. All you change is the manifold, carb and cam and youll see 400-450hp and 500tq all day with just basic mods. That power is equal to a well invested 302 or 351 and they wont make the torque. Torque is key not hp. And thats with stock 60lb iron heads. You cant beat more cubic inches.
                    Town Coupe [X]
                    Mark VI [ ]
                    Grand Marquis Coupe [ ]
                    Crown Victoria Coupe
                    [ ]

Comment

If I was having issues with transmissions, I'd put a TH400 behind the Ford engine.

Call me foolish, but the TH400 is an excellent transmission, and there are kits for this exact purpose.

The Monte Carlo a friend and I built, which runs in the mid to low 11s has a stock 100K mile TH400 in it. It came out of an '89 C30. I drove the truck, made sure it shifted ok. Pulled the transmission, put a kit in the VB, and a 3800 stall converter in front of it. Fresh fluid and filter, stock cooler.

We run the piss out of it, without issue.

The TH400 has less parasitic loss than a C6. They are plentiful, and if I was trying to go fast with an automatic, I'd do so with a TH400.
                      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Man this thread blew up

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                        Big plans

Comment

I'm still curious to see what my car will do with a normal size tire and the high speed governor in it with a 3000 stall. The 32 inch rear tires do not help my 1/4 mile time. I'm waiting on tax returns then I can buy more parts.
                          1989 Grand Marquis LS
                          flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

im dead serious about building this coupe, too.

my mustangs been patiently waiting now for a couple years...whats another year or two, right?

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                            2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Anyone else thinking Turbo Car...Maybe twin turbo..Theres a shit ton of room under a box hood

Comment

two words-

turbo. lag.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                                2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X